Chapter 28

" NOOOOOO!!!"
47 cried out as she watched Brine forcefully slam Lloyd's head down onto the table. Without hesitating, he brings the knife up to his neck and allows the blade to slowly dig itself into his flesh.
Morro slowly looks away as he couldn't bring himself to watch this. This was actually happening... Lloyd was actually going to ... die...
he always thought he would enjoy this moment... that he would be happy to watch his greatest rival be defeated..

The wound wasn't to deep, in fact, if he got medical attention right away, Lloyd might survive this, but for now... he needed the blood to pour out. For a brief moment he looks up at the walls surrounding them. Most people wouldn't understand the language that is written onto it, but he could. It wasn't hard to learn, but only a handful of people knew about it and he was lucky enough to come across one of them...
The letters on the wall told them how the sacrifices had to be done. It was a simple rule... blood from the heart. The blood that had to be used must have come from the heart, not from further out in the body, and the easiest way to reach that blood was through the neck.
Lloyd groans in pain as he felt his vision go blurry. He knew his body was in a lot of pain, but it was almost like the brain couldn't detect it... like the body had been disconnected or something...
He felt something warm rum down his neck, not managing to put all the pieces together to what it could be, but he knew it couldn't be anything good...
slowly but surely, he felt his eyelids grow heavier and heavier and he no longer managed to keep himself awake anymore ... the last thing he remembered hearing was his name being called out by... Cole..?

" Lloyd!!!! Sensei Wu! 47!" Cole yelled as he, Jey, Nya, Seliel and Garmadon runs into the room. They had noticed something wasn't right when they didn't reply to their calls. At first they had thought that the connection were poor, but when their tracking devises didn't pop up on their screens, then they knew something wasn't right.
" oh no..." Nya gasps as she sees what's happening. They knew something was off and they had suspected it to be the x squadron, but this wasn't anything they had expected...
" Lloyd!? LLOYD!!!" 47 yells from they ground where she's being held forcefully. She had noticed how numb he had gotten.., how his skin had started to turn whiter, how quiet he suddenly was..
" talk to me Lloyd! Please!" 47 kept yelling.
Brine quietly lets go of Lloyd's limp body and allows him to fall to the ground. The ritual was complete. The blood onto the table slowly found it's ways down the markings of the table.
" how dare you hurt my brother!" Cole angrily yells towards Brine, raising his fists at him, ready to blow a punch at him. Nya slowly backs away at the sight of Lloyd, slowly covering her mouth in terror. Was he... dead..?
" the crystal!" Seliel yells.
" you guys have to break the crystal!" She points towards Morro who stood next to 47. The large shaped crystal was resting in his hands.
Nya looks over at Seliel and Cole, not sure who should head for it, but she quickly realized that Cole wasn't focused on them or the crystal at all, his eyes were all on Brine, who in return was standing there, ready to counter whatever Cole had in mind.
" y...you're going to play for what you've done" Cole angrily whispers as he doesn't move his eyes off Brine. Brine only narrows his eyes at his challenger in reply. If he wanted a fight, then a fight is what he's gone get.
" Cole..." Seliel carefully speaks as she understood what was going on.
" don't... there's still time to save Lloyd... but we have to get 47 her powers back..." Seliel quietly lays a hand onto his shoulder. This fight wasn't necessary... but it didn't seem to effect Cole at all... his anger was taking over.
" Nya... get the crystal, I will get Lloyd and 47c while you get your brother Garmadon!" Seliel lets go of Cole and turns towards the others.
The other x squadron guards seems to see what was going on and quickly grabs hold of their swords and weapons, ready to fight them.
Brine holds up his hand, forcing them to stand down. If there's going to be a fight, then it was going to be between him and the black ninja.

The blood onto the table had now reached the final markings. Slowly the symbols onto the table starts glowing red.
" w...what is happening!?" Morro bursts out as he slowly backs away from where he's standing. He couldn't take it anymore... things was getting out of hands, people were actually dying now... what had he gotten himself into..?