Chapter 24

" Ronin! Why are you here!?" Kai kept repeating as he was dragging the annoyed man, forcing him to follow them as they were walking down the hallway.
" why do you think Kai!? I was scared of seeing your ugly face again that I had to get captured by an unknown organization!" Ronin replies and forces both Kai and Skylor to stop for a moment.
" really..?" Kai replies and skylor gives herself a face palm.
" ever heard of sarcasm Kai?" Skylor tells.
" I'm not a Nindroid like Zane" Kai rolls with his eyes.
" I got captured, because I found out about these people. They felt threatened and had to fix the problem. Witch meant getting rid of me"
He easily explains and pulls out a cigar from his pocket.
" how did you..." skylor begins, but decides not to ask anyway. She truly didn't have to know how he managed to get his hands on a cigar.
" now, I've kinda been here for quite some time. Can we get out now?" Ronin complains and Kai starts to regret his decision in releasing him.
" yeah we're getting out, just shut up and don't lit that cigar until we're out" Kai tells him and they all start to walk.
" I was wondering if you could help me with that" Ronin grins and holds out the cigar so Kai could lit it for him. He had no idea about what had happened to Kai.
Kai slowly looked away. " sorry... but I can't..." he mumbled as they continued down the path towards the exit.
" what? Seriously, do I really have to wait until we're out?" Ronin complains, but notices the sudden mood change.
" what's up..? Yeah, come to think of it... why are you here Kai?" He looks down at the suit Kai is wearing, witch is not his usual red ninja suit.
" it's a long story... let's get out of here before we start talking" Kai tells him and Ronin can't do anything but agree. He had been there long enough, it was about time he get to see the sun again, or the moon, depends on what time it was. But he had noticed the girl who's tagging along with them. Wasn't she one of the members of this organization? Why was she here? Was she helping them escape? Or was Kai being stupid enough to not know that she's one of the bad guys?
" it's right around this corner!" Skylor quietly whispers as she now leads the way.
" the exit?" Kai whispers back, unsure if it was possible that they had already reached it.
" yes, but wait..." they reached the end and skylor quickly stops them.
" wait... I think the exit is guarded.." very carefully, she peeks around the corner, getting her suspicions confirmed as she sees two guards standing there. If it had only been her and Kai walking past them, then they wouldn't raise a finger to stop them, but Ronin wasn't exactly a member in this place, also he was one of their most famous enemies, so they wouldn't allow their prisoner, whose supposed to be in a cell, walk past them.
" I don't think this will work.." Skylor mumbles as she returns her attention back to Kai and Ronin.
" let's just kick their asses! They won't be able to do anything when they're unconscious right?" Kai suggests with a grin.
" or we could just kill them?" Ronin replies.
" no one is going to die tonight!" Skylor gives Ronin a furious glare. How in the world could he be this cruel?
" I vote for my idea, it's better and more clean" Kai spoke. He truly didn't want to take another persons life.
" fine, you guys go ahead and knock them out, and when they wake up, they snitch on us" Ronin rolls with his eyes. He didn't care, as long as he could see the sun again, he would cooperate.
" I will take the guard to the left, and you take the one to the left." Kai tells Skylor and she simply nods without question. Without another word, they both jump into it and attacks the two guards at the exit. Skylor punches the guy she aimed for and Kai knocks out the other one. Together, they hide them in the corner of a small room, not to far away.
" I really hope no one saw that..." skylor mumbles. It felt weird to punch one of her own clan members like this, so she wasn't sure what to feel. But she knew she was doing the right thing. That's all that matters at the moment.
" let's get out now!" Kai grabs Ronin who was just standing there, watching them in shock at how fast things had been done.
" no time to waste if you want to get your ass out Ronin! Let's go" Kai grabs him and together, they all leave the base without getting noticed.
" where are we going now!?" Skylor whispers as they were outside.
" I think we should look for Brine... but I don't think we will find him... so I guess it's time to show you where I truly live." Kai smiles down at her and very carefully tries to take her hand. He knew it was a stupid thing to do to a girl without asking... but he couldn't help himself. What surprised him the most was the fact that she actually didn't slap his hand away. Instead, she allowed it. A blush crossed both their faces and each looked away, but their hands were still connected.
Ronin watched them with a smug grin on his face and couldn't help but laugh.
Both Kai and Skylor suddenly realized that Ronin was actually with them and they quickly let go of each other.
Kai couldn't believe he had done this and forgotten about Robin being with them.
" come on guys, your secret is safe with me" he chuckled.
" there's nothing" both Kai and Skylor replies, embarrassed by themselves.
" yeah right." He rolls with his eyes, not believing a word that comes out. He had seen it, and he knew something was happening between them. Maybe they didn't see it, but it was clearly a sign. But this wasn't his problem, so why should he badger to care. All he wanted to was to find his old apartment. But then again... it had been there they had found him... so sticking with the ninja would probably be his best chance of not getting captured again... right?
" I cannot wait to show you guys. I promise, you're going to like it there Skylor, and Seliel as well! You guys won't be the first ones to join us from the dark side. Lloyd, Armen, Damon and 47 are also former members of the old league, all helped us taking it down." Kai tells her as they walk towards wherever his home were.
" 47? Why does anyone go by a number..?" Skylor asks.
" I don't know, her real name is (your/name), but she's to used to 47. And honestly, so are we. 47 was her number within the league, so I guess she has gone by it her whole life, and found out about her new one just two years ago." Kai tells her.
" I kinda understand that... I never got a number when I joined the league. My father was a loyal member and made me join at the age of 8. I guess since I was his daughter, I didn't need a number. Seliel didn't get one either, but I don't know why." Skylor tells him.
" how long were you there?..." Ronin asks, until now he had only been listening to their conversations.
" I don't know... maybe until I turned 13? Then I met the X squadron and they offered us a way out." She replies. Kai remember her telling him this.
" it's kinda scary to know that so many more people are trapped here in a lifestyle like this... and from such a young age..." Kai mumbled. The league was one thing... but the x squadron had also been there the whole time... and according to Skylor, there were still many more out there... how could the world be this cruel?

The room was totally dark...

No one was close by... right?

They can't hear him... they must not...

He tried to calm his breathing, but it wasn't easy. With the dagger laying tight to his chest, he tried to hear if there was any footsteps close by... it it was safe to come out... Armen hadn't called out for him to come out... was he.. alright? Still... he had to wait.. he had to calm down. These people were not going to kill them, right? Armen had fought back... he had told him to run and get the dagger, and hide... hide until Armen told him it was safe to come out.. but he hasn't called...
Tears forms in his eyes. He has to be okay... he has to...
Seconds passed by, minutes... maybe even hours... but no calling... it was dark outside... the only source of light we're coming from the lanterns around the training grounds... he couldn't wait any longer... he had to see... see if his brother was alright, see if he was still ... alive...
Very carefully, he stretches out his hand for the door handle to open the door to the small room he was currently hiding in. Almost without a sound, he opens the door and very carefully peeks outside. It was darker than he thought.. most of the candles had been blown out, only some few still standing...
he wanted to call out Armen's name, but he knew that wasn't safe. He held tightly onto the dagger of earth and very slowly walks out of the small closet. He scans the area. Nothing... he couldn't see anything or anyone... but it was to dark...
" I'm glad you cared to finally join us"
Fear shoots through Damon as he realizes his great mistake. In the shadows of the deepest darkness, figures of shadows stands, waiting for him. They had been waiting. They hadn't known where he was... but they knew he hadn't left the place... they knew he had been hiding...
" w..where's my brother..."