Ch.2 To Stay Or To Go

Josie and Lizzie are in Europe, Hope and Dr. Saltzman are looking for Landon and for the first time in a few weeks-- things at Salvatore school weren't hectic...at least for everyone except Penelope.

"Are you serious, you're really thinking about leaving?" MG asks, surprised.

"I don't know, I haven't made a decision!" Penelope sighed, exaspersted...but that was a lie.

"Then why do you me to help you with a 'hypothetical' farewell note?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and she rolled her eyes.

"This is just in case...I have a few days until I can make a final decision..." she said staring at the blank sheet of paper in front of her.

"When did you get the news of your mom getting the job in Belgium?" MG asks, "She leaves next week!"

"Well...it was two weeks ago..." Penelope started, flashing back to way back when.

MG and Penelope were eating lunch with a few other vampires and witches when Penelope was called down to Emma's office. When Penelope walked in she saw her mom who got up and gave her a hug before they both sat down in front of Emma.

"Penelope, your mom has something very important to tell you..." Emma started and both of their gazes turned to the short woman who Penelope looked very much like except for the eye color, hair length, and the slightly wizened face of a woman who's experienced a lot as she grew older.

"Penelope, I got a job in Belgium," her mom said and Penelope just stares at her.

"And if you want to...you can come with me," She continued and Penelope opened her mouth like she was going to say something but she closed it again.

After a few moments of silence, Penelope finally found words.

"I'm happy for you mom but...do I have to make this decision now...?" Penelope asked and her mom shook her head.

"I leave at the end of the month, just tell me a day or two ahead of time," she continued, "My job paid for two airline tickets so I won't really be wasting the money."

"Oh ok...thanks mom," Penelope said hugging her mom, "I'll tell you my decision as soon as I can."

"Well if you're going to make a farewell letter you should put your true, unfiltered feelings and thoughts into it," MG said, "This might be the last time you ever see Josie...wait...why don't you just tell her in person?"

"I can't do that MG," Penelope sighed, "It'd break my heart if I told her in person and she started crying."

"Well then at least you'd be even in the heart breaking department," MG said thinking outloud and he regretted it as soon as the words escaped his mouth.

"Listen, I broke up with her for a good reason...she needs to learn to be more independent," Penelope started, "Cause if she keeps letting herself be used and throwing herself in front of every dagger that's thrown at people she cares about...especially someone like Lizzie...she'll die."

"Maybe but I highly doubt Lizzie wou-" MG said but was cut off when Penelope got up.

"Lizzie only cares for herself and always accidentally hurts Josie...one of those accidents just might end up being the death of her," She said before walking off.

And another thing could be this merge crap...She thought, if she doesn't start fighting for herself...she'll lose.

The next day Dr.Saltzman, Hope Mikaelson, and Landon Kirby returned to campus. Since Hope was an expert on everything, Penelope decided to ask her something personal.