Ch.18 The Legend Of Arcadius

When the squad arrived back at Salavatore School, Alaric was there. He hugged his daughters and Caroline before looking to Josie and hugging her even tighter.

"I want you to know that I love you and I will always love you," Dr.Saltzman said smiling at her and Josie smiled back. Lizzie felt a little jealous but she knew her sister needed as much comforting as she could get. She did just die.

Caroline took Quinn and Beacon inside and down to her office. When in there she gave them a snack while she asked them questions about their life and parents.

"Our father was a witch and our mother was a werewolf," Quinn answered, "I'm a siphoner witch and my brother accidentally unlocked his werewolf gene when he pushed our parents' assailant down the stairs."

"Oh...I see..." Caroline said, "How old are you two?"

"I'm 14," Quinn answered.

"I'm 11..." Beacon said quietly.

"OK, well, from this moment on...Salvatore is your new home," she said smiling at them, "C'mon, I'll give you two a tour and introduce you to kids your age."

While Caroline gave the two new students a tour, the super squad except for Landon and Raf, were all crammed into twins' room. MG and Kaleb were explaining the whole process of being a vampire while Penelope held her close. Hope and Lizzie sat on Lizzie's bed and watched the others.

"Since Jo's a vampire, she'll live forever right?" Lizzie asked Hope quietly.

"Yup, unless she wants to die or...well, ya know," Hope replied and Lizzie nodded slowly.

"OK, its time for you," MG said like a game show host, "To try these!"

He pulled out a couple of blood bags he got from the fridge and handed them to Josie. Josie took one and frowned at it before opening it and drinking some. She paused before drinking it all up.

"To be honest, I kind of prefer animal blood," Josie said trying for a smile.

"That's good then!" MG said, "You're not a ripper kind of vampire."

"Well, if you ever need blood bags, you know where to find them," Kaleb said, "And remember, it'll take time and practice to control your hearing and speed. MG and I can give you lessons."

"Yeah, that sounds good," Josie replied, smiling, "Thank you."

When the boys left the room it was silent, the girls just looked at each other until Josie said something.

"You guys are okay with me being a vampire right?" She asked, "Nothings really changed other than the fact that I can, well, hear everything and live forever."

"Yeah of course not, Jojo," Penelope said smiling, "I think its kind of hot that you're not just a gorgeous witch but also a bad ass vampire."

Josie giggled and gave her girlfriend a peck on the cheek. Lizzie jokingly gagged and Hope swatted her arm lightly. The girls talked all afternoon, everyone except Penelope who has been strangely quiet all day. When Hope and Lizzie left to bring all of them dinner to have in their room, Josie confronted Penelope about her observation.

"Penny, you've been quiet all day," Josie asked, her eyebrows knit.

"I'm alright," Penelope smiled, "I just have a headache, that's all."

"Well, that's understandable, didn't you let out a psychic wave the other night?" Josie asked.

"Haha yeah..." Penelope said, her voice trailing off.

But then something happened, her eyes began to hurt and she heard a ringing in her ears. The headache slowly turned into a very painful migraine and she writhed in pain. She kept her eyes clamped shut and she could her Jose's concerned cries fading away with the rest of the world. When she opened them again, she was in a gray scale void. There was nothing. But then there was something. She saw a figure, a man, approach her. He was tall, had some stubble and his hair greased back. He was wearing a black leather jacket, a gray shirt underneath, and black pants with black boots. He didn't look scary but he looked confused and serious.