Ch.3 Slugfest

The other day Josie and Lizzie returned from Europe but this morning, they were acting awfully strange and weirdly, Hope as well. It was strange for Lizzie to be nice and calm but even stranger for Hope to be happy and social! As for Josie...well, you'll see.

Later in the morning after Penelope gave Josie her letter and Hope practically pranced to class, Josie was feeling fantastic. Sure the temptation to read the letter despite what she told Penelope was great but she pushed it aside and instead followed her desire to get a smoothie from the kitchen. As she was preparing her smoothie she also then decided to plan what the witches' talent show performance should REALLY be like.

That's it! We should change the talent show! And I...I could sing and the choreography won't be complicated or lame...She thought but caught herself for a moment, But Lizzie...

As soon as the doubt and guilt came it left...her smoothie was ready and she was ready to shoot her shot.

As for Lizzie, at the moment, her patience is slowly and gradually wearing down for not just everyone but Josie as well who was absent at the moment. She's only been nice for a little bit and she already can't stand everyone messing up what has always been a traditionally awesome performance in her mind. As she continued to run the practice and everyone continued to give her glares as they fake smiled their faces off, an agonizing 20 min passes Lizzie was starting to feel the stress of everything, she was so done.

Lizzie raises her hand and clenches it into a tight fist, signaling for the music to stop and the catastrophe of a routine to end.

"Looks like we haven't been practicing..." She started her bash, insulting both the form of dancing and the form of the dancers.

"Josie? Where is Josie?" She said exasperated as the dancers got back into their places.

Right as she said that, a smiling Josie walked onto stage with smoothie in hand. Everyone turned to look at her, fascinated by what was about to go down because Josie didn't walk in apologizing. Instead, she walked in with an air of confidence.

"Oh! Am I late?" She said, smiling.

"Where...are the canes?" Lizzie asks, forcing a smile for her sister.

"I don't know!" Josie whispers but begins to walk around the stage in a very perky fashion.

"I actually went to go find them, right?" she continues as the smile on Lizzie's face quickly fades, "But then I was thinking...I don't feel like stressing about it."

The strange conflict between the twins on the stage greatly amused the other witches, especially Penelope who has been waiting a long time to see Josie do something against what Lizzie wanted to do. As Josie continued her proposition, more and more witches like the idea, except Lizzie that is.

"...and it could feel like a real....collaboration," Josie said, walking up next to her sister, "Doesn't that just sound...nice?"

Ok she's testing me...what the hell is going on? Lizzie growls in her mind but on the outside she just forced a smile.

"Ok...it is quite clear that everyone, especially Josie needs a little break..." Lizzie gritting her teeth as she smiled, "Why don't we all take an hour to search for the canes and then come back to practice."

All of the other witches groaned before eventually dispersing, they're going to take whatever break that they could. Penelope looked back at Josie with fascination and they locked eyes. It looked like Josie wanted to say something to her but Lizzie immediately started talking to her as soon as most of the witches were gone.

"Josie, are you okay?" Lizzie asks, turning to face her sister who just smiled at her.

"Never better!" She smiled brightly before practically skipping away from Lizzie who was about to say something else.