Ch.4 Not As Bad As It Seems...Unless?

It was the week of the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, before all of the judging and pageantry began...some people were already pretty busy. MG went crazy, Landon died and turns out he's a Phoenix, Raf turned into a werewolf but Hope helped him turn back, speaking of Hope...

Hope walked briskly down the hall walking straight into someone who was carrying quite a lot of books and papers.

"Hey who the hell-" when Hope looked up she made eye contact with one very pissed Lizzie Saltzman.

"Oh of course it's you," she sneered before collecting her stuff, "Watch where you're going, I'm doing very important research!"

"Does that research involve a bracelet by any chance?" Hope quipped back and Lizzie rolled her eyes before walking away.

When Hope got up, she notices Lizzie had forgotten a folder. Hope being slightly curious as to what Lizzie was up to this time, she opened it. In it was a file on Penelope Park, you could tell Lizzie had made it herself due to the fact that the line for 'Nicknames' it said 'Satan Incarnate'. As Hope read through the file she noticed the notes Lizzie had out a long the margins of the papers in the folder, one of which, stuck out like a sore thumb.

Lizzie was back in her room, Josie had just left to go get more books for her. The vibe was perfect for more calculations and thorough research...until the door was slammed open.

"What the hell, Lizzie?" Hope yelled as she closed the door behind her.

"Ugh what now?" Lizzie groaned, sitting up straighter on her bed.

"You purposely acted incredibly needy...incredibly selfish, just so you could have Josie to yourself?" Hope said with disgust as she revealed the folder in her possession and threw it onto Lizzie's bed.

"What? No--" Lizzie started but Hope didn't let her continue.

"Lizzie it may not obviously say that was your goal but it is very clear that it was your goal..." Hope said as she listed all the things Lizzie did while Josie was still dating Penelope.

"Lizzie, Josie is your sister! She was happy! I know you have the potential to be better than this despite how you act most of the time!" Hope said pacing back and forth while Lizzie just sat there quietly. A few moments pass and Lizzie finally says something.

"I honestly didn't think Josie would be impacted by their break up so much...In all honesty i didn't even see it coming even though i was wishing for it to happen," Lizzie said quietly.

"Yes but it seems like you know Penelope is leaving at the end of this week," Hope said, the fierceness in her eyes and voice dropping a few notches.

"Yes I do know, " Lizzie replied in a matter-of-factly tone.

"And you do know she bribed MG today to let her be Josie's escort, right?" Hope said and Lizzie looked up surprised but didn't say anything.

"You didn't tell her did you?" Hope asked, really hoping she didn't.

"Of course not," Lizzie said, "That's for her to tell...I think that's what that note Josie has been refusing to read is about."

"It is..." Hope said and they looked at each other for a long moment until the door opened and Josie walked in.

"Oh, hey Hope..." Josie said, eyebrow raised due to the fact that it seemed like Lizzie and Hope weren't going at each other.

"I'll take my leave now..." Hope said, getting up but before she left she turned to look at Josie.

"Maybe you should read that letter from Penelope," is all she said before leaving the room.

"What did you two talk about? And why is she talking about Penelope's letter?" Josie asked, as she put the books she got from the library down on Lizzie's bed.

"I don't know, she just came in here to return a folder I dropped," Lizzie lied. She didn't know why she lied but maybe this will protect her from feeling sad about Penelope all over again. As well as keep her focus on the REAL prize of Miss Mystic Falls.

------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know the story sounds incredibly spotty and I keep referencing a lot of Posie related stuff (no surprise) but this is all about to make sense. - Za Author