Chapter 3

Three years later...

Astrid awoke to a new day. She smiled at her best friend who had just woke up too. Rapunzel had been like a sister ever since she stumbled across her tower three years back.

Flashback:

Astrid woke up to see that she was on the back of some weird looking animal. Then it came into her mind that it was dragon. A black oversized reptile then nudged her. She gasped at it at first before noticing that they were not going to harm her. Two names then came across her mind. Stormfly and Toothless.

She hopped off Stormfly and looked around. "Where am I?" She asked herself. All she remembered was that her name was Astrid, these two dragons were Stormfly and Toothless and something hitting her head hard. The rest was a blurry scene and she got a headache trying to remember.

She sighed and glanced around once more. She was in a forest of some sort. She didn't remember ever coming here, so she walked around. Just then did she notice the pendant that hanged around her neck. Its constant bouncing while she walked led her to take it off.

"What is this?" She asked to no one in particular. She looked at it closely. It had the outline of two people. A girl and a boy. The girl looked like her, as far as she could tell. (She still remembered what she looked like.) But the boy? He was someone she knew, she just couldn't place a finger on who it is. She turned it around and saw the words: Together until the end of forever. She tilted her head to the side. Who could have given her this?

She shook her head and continued walking as she placed it around her neck. Maybe it would serve as a clue to her unknown past. After days of walking, she came across a tower.

"Hello?" She yelled when she noticed there was no door. She glanced upwards and noticed a tiny window at the head of the tower. "Hello?" She bellowed once more. Suddenly, a head of a blonde poked out.

"Who are you?" The blonde yelled back. Astrid paused for a moment, wondering if she should trust this woman. She then thought it would be best.

"I'm Astrid," she said at last. The blonde smiled. Astrid then noticed a thick rope land in front of the foot of the tower. Maybe the girl would let her in. She took hold of the rope only to see that it was, in fact, hair. She gasped for a moment.

"Oh, I've never cut my hair since I was young. Hehe," the blonde chuckled. Astrid smiled and started climbing her hair, as weird as that sounded and looked like. The girl helped by pulling her hair up. In no time, Astrid was in the tower.

"I'm Rapunzel," the girl introduced herself with a big smile, "It's nice to meet another human."

"You live alone?" Astrid asked. Rapunzel only nodded sadly. "Why?" Astrid inquired. Rapunzel sighed.

"My father died in a dragon raid. A few months after that, I turned five. The night of my birthday, a woman tried to steal me because of the power my hair possessed."

"Your hair possesses power?" Astrid asked, bewildered. Rapunzel smiled.

"Ever heard of the magic flower that was formed from a single drop of the sun?" Rapunzel asked. Astrid nodded. "Well, my mom was sick when I was born so the kingdom sought for the flower. They found it and gave it to my mother in a liquified form. She drank it and I was born, hence the golden hair. She told me to never cut it because it could help the kingdom in various ways."

Astrid gae a slight "ah" as Rapunzel continued her story, "My mother made the guards hold the woman back when she saw what was happening. She led me to this very tower. She made me go inside and walked out telling me to stay inside. She sealed the door from the outside so I wouldn't try to go out. I don't know what happened to her, but that night, I heard two loud screams from two women."