-01

It somehow seemed frail, delicate in its essence and worn down by the breeze that tugged at it, almost as if pleading for a dance along the river the tree gazed upon. The wind nipped, licked, pulled at the scarf loosely wrapped around his slender neck the way it did at the odd envelope that looked back at him in the eye, tempting him to reach out and pick it off the cracked bark timidly illuminated by the afternoon sun nestled behind impenetrable clouds.

Wooseok's head tilted inquisitively - he must have appeared strange to on-lookers, curiously staring at some lone tree in a desolate park - and then his hand clad in a fingerless glove lifted, tentatively tore the letter off from the tape and flipped the top open.

dear moon,
send help. the vultures are feasting on the visions of my mind and i can no longer see. do you still see everything from up there?
_y

An eyebrow cocked on automatic, a hum sounded from within his throat, and then an edge of his lips turned upwards in a baffled smile. Though the words ineffably jostled something within him, he supposed it was a joke of some sort; all the same, maybe he should keep the letter.

》》》

thanks for reading
please vote, comment and share!