-18

The corners were dark, but the walls were darker. The window had remained unopened, its navy curtains tightly drawn. CD's had cascaded onto the floor during one of his breakdowns, paint tubes squeezed and staining the carpet with colours that went unseen in the darkness. A rope dangled from the beam. That same, solitary beam that would watch as Yuto would put a scrap of stale food in his mouth once in a while and lie in bed, allowing his body to waste.

His hair remained unwashed, greased strands that twirled beside his head across the pillow. His voice remained trapped behind sealed lips and a hardened jaw.

The kiss he'd been given upon his cheek festered in his mind like a slow worsening disease for days, filling him with a desire to be held and loved, understood and accepted.

Such a desire terrified him, its power too immense and soon overwhelming.

The promise that had been made to help him caused his skin to crawl and itch, his insides contorting with fear of change and the refusal of such.

He couldn't let it happen. Not after everything.
No matter what Wooseok would do, nothing would get back everything Yuto had lost and he didn't want to learn to live without them.

His quivering hold on the wrinkled slip of paper in his lap fastened, the blunt pencil in his hand being squeezed.

woo,
i forgive you. don't think about it.

A moment of apprehension.

i would also like to keep in touch. i'll be gone
for a while though. your next letter will be the
last i'll get to read for some time.
_y

He couldn't bring himself to write anything else.

》》》

thanks for reading
please vote comment and share