Chapter 1 ~ Turn Back Time

Age: 18

2 months later...

"I stopped a grand theft bicycle. Couldn't find the owner, so I just left a note. Um... I helped this lost, old Dominican lady. She was really nice and bought me a churro." Peter rambles in a hushed whisper. I can't help but smile at him as I take another cheesy fry and shove it into my mouth.

We're in a diner in a corner booth. I have a baseball cap on to hide my face so people won't be suspicious about Peter hanging out with an Avenger. That can draw a lot of attention, plus I wanted to have a conversation with him without being interrupted.

Peter looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't.

"What is it, Pete?" I ask him.

He looks up at me and sighs. "I just feel like I could be doing more. You know? Just curious when the next real mission is gonna be." He tells me.

I smile softly at him before staring down at the table. A frown appears on my face and I look back up at Peter. "Pete, I know exactly how that feels. I used to be just like that." I chuckle a little as I remember. "Being a superhero can be fun at times, but it also has consequences," I say and lift up my pant leg to show him the cuff on my ankle.

Peter's eyebrows furrow in confusion. "Wait... aren't you supposed to be on house arrest?"

"Yeah but I'm allowed to go to certain places."

"Is this one of them?"

I chuckle. "Definitely not. I hacked it so they still think I'm at the compound."

Peter chuckles along with me. His expression then turns serious as he gets back to the topic. "I want to be a hero like you and Mr. Stark. Saving the world, helping people." He says and I just sit there and listen as I eat some more cheesy fries. "A few years ago... when Vanko attacked, I was wearing an Iron Man mask and a fake repulsor. I tried to take down one of those bots. It would've killed me if Mr. Stark didn't step in and save me. Ever since that day... I wanted to be just like him. I wanted to be a hero. Someone people could count on." He tells me.

I look down at the table before looking back up at him. "Pete, this job... it can do things to you. It's something not a lot of people can handle."

"You handled it," Peter says.

"Okay, now I can't tell if I should be flattered or hurt," I state as I smirk at him. "Listen, Tony is just trying to protect you. If something were to happen to you on his watch he would never forgive himself. And what about your aunt? He would have to be the one to tell her that little Peter isn't ever coming home."

"But I can protect myself! I'm ready to be a full-blown Avenger but he won't give me the chance to show him."

I shake my head. "Tony knows what he's doing. He's a pretty good mentor, even though he pawns you off to Happy and I. This job can put a lot of weight on your shoulders. Out in the field, you're responsible for your teammates and the lives of civilians. You might think you're ready, but you're still new to this. Just stay low, okay? Be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man and enjoy being a kid while it lasts. I never got the chance to really. Don't worry though, your time will come."

Peter nods in understanding and looks down at the table. "Since when did you become so wise all of a sudden?" He asks as he looks back up at me.

I smirk. "Trust me, I have a lot of time to think. Plus you learn from your past." I shrug.

Peter and I just smile at each other for a few seconds, just enjoying each other's company until my phone rings. I take it out and look at the caller ID. Happy Hogan. I answer it.

"Yellow."

"Hey kid, I need you at Avengers Tower."

I nod even though he can't see me. "I'll be there in 30," I say before hanging up.

"Who was that?" Peter asks curiously.

"Happy. He needs me at Avengers Tower." I say as I reach into my pocket for some cash for the food.

Peter nods and starts to get up. "Alright. I'll see you around though, right?"

"Of course!" I say as I leave a tip on the table and go pay for our meal. I turn to Peter and hug him. "See you later. Stay safe."

"You too."

We pull away from the hug and I leave, driving off to Avengers Tower. When I arrive I get out of the car and ride the elevator up to where crews are moving boxes around. I find Happy and tap his shoulder. He turns around and jumps when he sees me.

"Jesus! I thought you said 30 minutes. It's only been 15." He says.

I shrug. "What can I say, Tony likes fast cars."

Tony gave me a car since I don't have my speed anymore and need to get around still.

I study Happy's face. "Something's bothering you... Let me guess, Peter called you?"

"Yeah I just got off the phone with him. He said something about an atm robbery." Happy brushes it off. "I just wish he would call you for everything." He sighs heavily.

"Way to look after him." I chuckle. "I just had an early dinner with him. I leave for 15 minutes and this happens." I shake my head. "Did you tell him about the move?" I ask as Happy gestures me to follow him.

"Yeah he didn't take it too well."

I look out of the window to the view of the city.

"The move is actually why I called you here." Happy says, gaining my attention.

I turn around. "What's up?"

He walks over to me with a clipboard and a pen. "I need you to sign these papers. They need Tony level clearance."

I furrow my brows. "I have Tony level clearance? Since when?"

Happy shrugs. "I don't know. I'm just told you have it." He says as I take the clipboard from his hand. "I would have called Pepper but she's busy."

I nod as I signed the papers.

'Huh. Tony must care for me that much if he gave me his level of clearance.'

I hand the clipboard back to Happy and turn to face the window again, remembering all the good times this tower brought.

Happy must have noticed because he says, "You gonna miss it, huh?"

"Yeah." I sigh as I turn to look at him again. There's a pause. "Do you ever wish you could turn back time? Just to simpler times?" I ask as I look him in the eyes.

"Yeah sometimes." He admits. "But there's nothing you can do but move forward." I nod and look to the floor. Happy puts an arm around my shoulder and guides me to the elevator. "Come on, let's get you outta here. You look like you need a drink."

"I'm still underage," I state.

"Oh, right... we'll find you a substitute though. Let's just go." I nod as we enter the elevator.

I take a look back before the elevator doors close.

'Why can't we just go back to when things were simple?'

Welcome to the first chapter of the final book! I was gonna have it just start with Infinity War but I wanted to show how you and Tony get really close so I decided to make it take place during Spider-Man: Homecoming first. Enjoy!

—ASE715