Chapter 8 ~ Fate of the universe

Year: 2018

Age: 19

"NO, NO, NO, NO! You killed him! Now we have to restart the mission or suffer the consequences!" Roy yells at me.

"I didn't think he would kill him though!"

So we're playing Detroit Become Human in our shared college dorm at NYU. I just got Connor killed in the interrogation room.

Roy sighs. "How about we stop playing for right now and come back to it later?"

"Yeah." I nod in agreement and turn the console off. "What do you suggest we do?"

"Disney marathon?"

"Did I ever tell you how awesome you are?"

Roy looks up as he thinks. "No. Never think you have."

I smile at him as I lay on my bed while Roy is by it on the floor. I play with his hair as we watch Tangled. We sit there and watch the movie and get to the part where they are seeing the lanterns and the song 'I See the Light' is about to come on. All is peaceful until at that moment a portal opens up in front of the TV. Roy and I immediately jump up. Roy grabs his katanas from where he put them on the wall and gets into a fighting stance as I ready my fists. A man with a red cape comes in through the portal.

"(Y/n) Rogers, Roy Jones." The man says as he walks into our dorm. "My name is Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you two to come with me."

Roy and I share a glance as we lower our guard just a bit, but we are both thinking the same thing.

"Oh my Thor you look like Sherlock Holmes," I say in awe.

Doctor Strange looks at me very confused, not having the slightest clue what I'm talking about.

"What exactly do you need us for because we were kinda in the middle of a Disney marathon and we're missing Rapunzel and Flynn singing 'I See the Light.' Which, by the way, we have been waiting to sing." Roy says.

"We need your help. The fate of the universe is at stake." Strange says.

"Who's 'we'?" Roy and I ask in unison.

"Hey (Y/n), Roy." Bruce steps out from behind Strange.

"Sup lovebirds." Tony steps out from behind Bruce.

Roy and I stare at Bruce.

"Bruce." We say softly.

He comes over and hugs me. He seems scared and I look over his shoulder at the rest of them and give them a confused look. He then lets go and hugs Roy.

"So I don't get a hug?" Tony asks in mock hurt.

"Shut up, Shellhead," I say and pull him into a hug. "I thought you were in the park with Pepper," I say as we pull away.

"I was until the wizard came to me and now we're here." He replies.

I nod and look back at Doctor Strange. "So what now, Sherlock?"

"Follow me." He says and turns to walk through the portal with us following behind him.

He closes the portal once we all come through.

"Woah," I say as I look around in awe.

"Where are we?" Roy asks.

"The Sanctum Sanctorum. One of the many Sanctum's for the Mystic Arts." A man answers as he walks up to us.

"And you are?" Tony asks.

"That's Wong. He helps me protect the Sanctum." Strange answers.

Something just dawns over me and I start to panic. "Wait, what about my—"