Chapter 17 ~ Moving on

"Okay. Who here hasn't been to space?" Rocket asks us once the ship is fully in space.

Dad, Nat, Rhodey, and I raise our hands.

"Why?" Rhodey asks.

"You better not throw up on my ship." He tells us.

"Approaching jump in 3...2...1" Nebula says from the co-pilot seat.

I see Dad grip onto his seat for dear life and I don't have time to laugh because the ship jumps forward into a wormhole, pushing our bodies back into our seats. Once the ship slows down it orbits the planet Thanos is supposedly on and we all unbuckle our seatbelts.

"I don't feel so good," I mumble.

"What's wrong?" Dad asks, concernedly.

"I think I'm gonna hurl."

"I said don't throw up on my ship!" Rocket yells as he looks back at me.

I smile at the raccoon. "Gotcha, Furface." I chuckle at his reaction.

"You little runt." He smirks back at me.

Carol departs the ship and flies in front of it. "I'll head down for recon." She informs us and flies down to the planet.

I see Dad pull out his compass that usually has Peggy Carter in it, but now it has a picture of 15-year-old me in it too along with hers, looking goofy as ever. He then closes it.

"You didn't have to put me in there. That was your reminder of Peggy." I say to him.

"Why not? Now I have both of my best girls with me." He says, sending me a smile.

"This is gonna work, Dad." I try to reassure him and myself.

"I know it will. 'Cause I don't know what I'm gonna do if it doesn't." He says as he looks at me.

"You and me both," I say.

At that moment, Carol comes flying back to the ship. "No satellites. No ships. No armies. No ground defenses of any kind. It's just him." She tells us.

"And that's enough." Nebula says.

Rocket lands the ship and we all get out. Carol, Bruce, who is in the Hulkbuster suit now, Rhodey, who is in his War Machine suit, and Thor go on ahead to attack while Dad, Nat, Rocket, who is on my shoulder, and I walk into the house Thanos has created for himself. When we get inside Rocket hops off my shoulder. We see Carol holding Thanos in a chokehold, Rhodey holding onto his right arm, Bruce holding out a repulsor to him, and on the ground is Thanos' cut off arm with the gauntlet on it, obviously Thor did that. Rocket goes over to the gauntlet and rolls it over.

"Oh, no." He says.

"What do you mean, 'oh, no'?" I ask as I look at the gauntlet to see the stones are gone. The others notice too.

"Where are they?" Dad asks Thanos.

"Answer the question," Carol says as she tightens her grip on his neck. Thanos still doesn't answer.

"Asshole! Where are they? Or so help me I'll knock you in that nutsack you call a chin!" I say, anger filling my voice.

"The universe required correction. After that, the stones served no purpose, beyond temptation." Thanos answers.

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce says angrily as he pushes Thanos to the ground.

"You should be grateful," Thanos says, only to get punched by Bruce.

"Where are the stones?" Nat asks.

"Gone. Reduced to atoms." Thanos answers.

"You used them two days ago!" Bruce yells at him.