Chapter 10 ~ Looking like shit

"Tony?" Dad's voice comes on the phone after two rings. I would've broken down already if it wasn't for Roy and Bruce comforting me, but tears still threaten to fall as I try to stay strong in front of my friends.

"No. N-no Dad... i-its me." I stutter to him.

"(Y/n)?" Dad asks, surprised to hear my voice after two long years.

"Yeah, Dad. It's me." I say as a stray tear falls down my cheek.

"It's been so damn long. I miss you, sweetheart." Dad says.

"Language." I joke and I hear him sigh. "I miss you too, Dad, but that's not why I called. Something happened here and I think it would be better if someone else explains it to you." I say to him and pass the phone to Bruce, who fills Dad in.

Roy wipes away the stray tear off my face and I lean into his touch. His hand lingers on my face even after he wipes the tear and we look at one another in the eyes.

"(Y/n), he wants to speak to you," Bruce says, snapping us out of our daze.

I nod and Bruce hands the phone back to me. "Hey," I say to him.

"(Y/n), I need you to get Roy and Bruce back to the compound. We'll get Vision and meet you there." He tells me.

I nod, even though he can't see me. "Alright, just be safe. These aliens mean business." I warn him.

"Thanks for the heads up. I'll see you soon, sweetheart. I love you." He says to me.

"Love you more, Dad," I say and hang up as much as I didn't want to.

I look at Roy and Bruce.

"Well, what did he say?" Roy asks.

"He's gonna meet us at the compound," I answer.

"How are we gonna get there?" Bruce asks.

"Have you met me?" I say in mock hurt.

"I thought you couldn't carry certain people because they're heavy," Bruce says.

"It's only a short distance." I shrug.

I pick Roy up first and run him back to the compound. On my way I snag his suit from our dorms at NYU. I drop Roy off and then go back to get Bruce. I set him down. The tower is quiet, but it normally is since nobody really lives here, but I know someone who's here.

"Rhodey! We're home!" I yell.

The three of us walk around and eventually find Rhodey in the kitchen. He looks at the three of us as he hears us approach him.

"Bruce?" Rhodey questions.

"Hey. I'm back." Bruce says and the two men shake hands.

"How you've been, man?" Rhodey asks him.

"Uh..." He looks at Roy and me before looking back at Rhodey. "Not so good actually."

"Something's happened," I say to Rhodey.

"What do you mean?"

Bruce takes initiative and explains everything to Rhodey. He talks about him being Hulk for two years to Hulk getting his ass handed by Thanos and how he wants all six Infinity Stones to meeting up with us and fighting aliens and to finally sum it all up, Tony getting beamed up while going after Sherlock and Peter.

"Wait so Tony's on an alien spaceship in outer space?" Rhodey questions.

"We hope so or he'll die from lack of oxygen in space," Roy says.