Chapter 15 ~ Where's Fury?

Two weeks have gone by since the snap. Two miserable weeks. With every passing day the number of missing continues to go up on the monitors. I've become more and more depressed by the day and I really do wish I could get drunk so I could drink my sorrows away, but sadly I can't. On top of that I can barely get any sleep. Most nights I just stay up, watching whatever on Netflix. Rocket even joins me sometimes to help comfort me. We've grown close over the last two weeks and he tends to help me fall asleep. The both of us are usually found curled up together on the couch in the morning, completely passed out.

Last night was one of those nights too. I wake up on the couch and smile down at the sleeping raccoon on my stomach. I carefully pick him up without waking him and place him back on the couch. I walk around the quiet compound and find Dad and Natasha watching the monitors of the number of missing still going up. I stand in between the two, neither of them acknowledging me.

"This is a nightmare," Dad says.

"I've had better nightmares," Nat whispers.

"Hey," Rhodey says from behind us. We all turn to look at him. "So, that thing just stopped doing whatever the hell it was doing." We all look at each other before following Rhodey to the lab.

"What do we got?" Nat asks Bruce as we walk into the lab, standing in front of the pager Rocket found two weeks ago.

"Whatever signal it was sending finally crapped out," Bruce explains to us.

"I thought we bypassed the battery," Dad says.

"We did," Rhodey tells us. "It's still plugged in. It just... it just stopped."

"Reboot it. Send the signal again." Dad orders.

"We don't even know what this is," Bruce says.

"Fury did," I say, finally speaking up as the others look at me.

"Just do it, please." Nat pleads with him. "You tell me the second you get a signal. I wanna know who's on the other end of that thing." She says as she looks at Dad and me.

She turns to leave and so do Dad and me when we are stopped by a woman. "Where's Fury?" She demands.

"Woah, lady. Who the hell are you and how did you get in here?" I ask.

Dad nudges my side and gives me a look.

After talking to our new visitor we learn that she is Carol Danvers, once a normal human but then got caught in an explosion from a Kree device. Kree are apparently a race of aliens from space. She explains her relation to Fury and how she gave him that device for emergencies only. Once she was done explaining who she was we then explained what had happened and how Fury was one of the many victims of the snap. We then decided to see if she could help us find Tony.

"We have satellites looking for him, but I think he's somewhere deep in space," I tell her.

Rocket, who finally woke up and joined us, speaks up. "We think... or at least hope he's on my spaceship."

"What does it look like?" Carol asks the raccoon, who then shows her a picture of it. "I'll see what I can do." She tells us and then leaves the compound.

After that, nothing exciting happened for another week. I'm lying on my bed in my room with music blasting, but it's sad and depressing music because that's exactly how I feel all the time now.

The hole in my door was fixed thanks to Rocket, but he added a little doggy door so he could easily come into my room if needed since he can barely reach the doorknob. I hear someone knock on my door twice.

"Come in," I call out to them.

Rocket comes into the room through the doggy door.

"You know, you remind me of Quill sometimes." He says as he walks into the room.