Chapter 24 ~ America's Ass

New York 2012

Tony, Scott, Bruce, Dad, and I land in an alleyway right in the middle of the battle of New York. Our Quantum Suits retract themselves, revealing our suits. Well except me and Tony, he's in regular clothes but he has his nanotech arc reactor on him and I'm also in regular clothes with my nanotech watch on my wrist.

"It feels so weird to be back here. Times were so much simpler." I sigh.

Dad shakes his head and starts commanding. "All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

Just then 2012 Hulk passes us, smashing a Chitauri with a car multiple times. Another Chitauri comes over, shooting at 2012 Hulk before running away as 2012 Hulk picks up a tire and throws it before jumping on top of the car, smashing it and then running off. We all look at Bruce who puts a hand on his face in embarrassment and I snicker.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way," Dad says to Bruce.

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce says as he walks past us, ripping his shirt off. He walks up to a car, punching it lightly but still leaving a dent in the car, all while making small Hulk-like growling noises. He picks up a motorbike and throws it against a wall, wincing as it hits, making more small Hulk-like noises. He then takes off to find the Time Stone.

The four of us head to the Stark Tower before splitting up, Tony and Scott getting the Space Stone while Dad and I secure the Mind Stone. Dad and I go our separate ways as I find a guard on the stairwell and knock him out, using my speed to take their clothes and putting them on so I can blend in and to cover my face. I then use my speed to go up the stairs where past us are wrapping it up with Loki. I hide behind one of the walls, making sure to not make an appearance yet.

"Better hustle, Cap. Things look like they're just about wrapped up here." Tony says into the coms.

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." Dad informs us.

I'm peeking out behind the wall to see the backside of 2012 Clint pointing his bow at Loki while we all surround him, super pissed.

"Boo!" Tony whispers in my ear as he claps my shoulders lightly.

I jump a little and turn around, slapping Tony's arm as he silently laughs. "That's not funny," I say to him.

"If it's all the same to you... I'll have that drink now." 2012 Loki says. Tony and I snap our attention back to them.

"All right, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later. By the way, feel free to clean up." 2012 Tony says.

"Ugh, Mr. Rogers, I almost forgot that that suit did nothing for your ass." Our Tony says from right beside me.

"No one asked you to look, Tony," Dad says back to him.

"It's ridiculous," Tony says.

"I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott says from Tony's shoulder and does a patriotic salute.

I snicker quietly, but also roll my eyes. "Guys, can we focus? Stop checking out my dad's ass." I tell them.

"What's up with the outfit?" Tony asks.

"I'm gonna blend in with the STRIKE team," I tell him.

"Who gets the magic wand?" 2012 Natasha asks.

"STRIKE team's coming to secure it." 2012 Dad says.

Just then the elevator behind us dings. Tony and I move so they won't see us. Once the last STRIKE member leaves the elevator I use my speed to sneak behind the last person and make it seem like I was there the whole time.