Chapter 17

By the time Thane got back, my anxiety was so bad I thought I was going to blow chunks all over his floor.

He walked into the room, his hand covering one side of his abdomen. I immediately saw the blood seeping out from where his hand was placed.

"Oh my god," I cried out as I rushed to him. He didn't stop me as I removed his hand, uncovering his wound. My stomach lurched as I saw a deep gash that was slightly green.

"What happened?" I questioned, and his eyes met mine coolly.

"The Blood Luna happened," He muttered as he went into the bathroom and returned a minute later with a wet towel, alcohol, and gauze.

"Is she okay?" My heartbeat raced.

Thane paused. "She's fine. I deserved this, to be fully honest."

"You attacked her," I stated.

Thane just nodded.

I growled. "You can't kill the person who's trying to save my life."

Thane sighed as he held the wet towel on his wound, cleaning up the blood. "I know. I regret it. I shouldn't have let my wolf take over like that. I'm still getting used to the mate bond," He admitted.

I looked at him in sympathy. I hadn't really considered that he must be feeling all kinds of internal struggle due to the bond. "Well," I finally spoke. "I'm glad she taught you your lesson."

Thane snorted. "I can always count on the Blood Luna to put me in my place."

Something about his words made my stomach turn. As he cleaned and dressed his wounds, and even right up until the moment I fell asleep, I couldn't help but feel unnerved about a wolf that didn't hesitate to stab an Alpha.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

From the moment I woke up, I knew that the Blood Luna was going to kill me.

I had slept in far too long, I could tell as soon as I awoke. She had warned me that if I was late to training, she would make me regret it.

I quickly got dressed and headed downstairs to seek her. When I got to the living room, both the Beta of Blood Lake and Blue Moon were sitting on the couch, watching some action movie I didn't recognize.

"Good morning, Sleeping Beauty," Axel looked towards me with a smirk. Leo, as always, was quiet.

"This isn't funny, Axel," I hissed as I grabbed the remote and turned off the television, making both of them groan. "The Blood Luna is going to murder me."

"Chill out, Nyx," Axel rolled his eyes. "I'm training you today."

I frowned. "Where's Ares?" And my mate, I thought silently.

"Her and the Alpha went hunting," Leo answered.

My frown deepened as I tried to mask my jealousy. "Don't look so disappointed," Axel teased me. "I know I'm not Ares, but it's not like I'm incapable of training you."

I sighed, partially in relief. I doubt that Axel would be as aggressive as Ares, despite his threatening physique.

"Would you like to eat something before training, Onyx?" Leo asked respectfully, already rising to go to the kitchen.

I grimaced. "No thanks. I don't feel like vomiting on the training mat."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••