Chapter 62

I woke up with a heart feeling just as full as it had the night before. My mate and husband slept beside me, or rather, underneath me peacefully.

Not wishing to wake him after a particularly long night, I gently untangle myself, careful to listen to his unbroken deep breaths. I tiptoe into the closet, pulling on a pair of shorts and one of his hoodies.

When I look back at the bed, I'm surprised to see that it's empty, the covers haphazardly thrown to the side.

I yelp when an arm wraps around my waist, and soft kisses fall on my shoulder. "You know, you don't have to sneak out of my bed anymore. I think it's quite common for married couples to share a bed," My mate says, smirking against my skin as his kisses move along my neck.

I laugh, turning around to face him. "Don't do that! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

Finn joins my laughter. "Apologies, my wife. But I do wish you wouldn't so guiltily tiptoe around our room to evade me."

I smack his chest gently. "I wasn't evading you," I correct. "I just didn't want to wake you. Even though you don't seem to mind keeping me awake half the night with your obnoxious snores."

Finn snorts and lightly blushes. "I don't snore."

I smile. "I know. But I like the look on your face when I say you do."

Finn chuckles, pulling me into his arms. "So, is there a reason you felt the need to interrupt my snoring self? As far as I'm concerned, this is our temporary honeymoon, and I don't plan on letting you out of bed until our real one."

I roll my eyes at his lewdness. "I have to go help Ronin clean up the clearing. It's infringing on his garden, and we all know how that will end."

"Ah," Finn says kissing my temple. "It would indeed be a shame if you spent all of our time in Fiji nursing a particularly nasty wound."

"I'd like to think that Ronin would be gentleman enough to heal it before you whisk me off into the sunset," I giggle, always enjoying jokes made about our family.

"As that may be," Finn drawls. "I'm going to enforce my authority as your husband and-"

"Authority?" I snort.

"It's not much, but it's there," He teases as he tweaks my nose. "As I was saying, I'm going to have to enforce that authority and demand that you wait until after you eat breakfast to tackle the disaster outside."

I hum. "You're really letting that power go to your head. What a megalomaniac you've become."

"I'll try not to let it," He amends sarcastically. "But seriously. Breakfast. No arguments, or I'll get Dean to set fire to the garden and tell Ronin it was you."

I laugh. "I didn't realize I married such a master manipulator."

Finn growls playfully and places one more kiss on my lips. "I'll see you downstairs in a minute."

I go downstairs to the kitchen, where Dean sits at the table, leaning over a cup of coffee. "Hard night?" I tease when I notice the dark circles under his eyes and the slightly green tinge his pale face holds.

Dean groans. "I knew that second bottle of tequila was a mistake. The first mistake of many that night."

"Oh? Get a little too swept up in the allure of weddings, did we now?" I joke, pouring a cup of coffee for myself.

Dean shakes his head in remorse. "They always get you that way."

"Well, sit tight," I tell him, ruffling his hair. "I'll make some breakfast."