Chapter 55

Finn sighs, and stands up, still holding me in his arms. He sets me down in the chair, and sits across from me. His unwillingness to hold me while he says this, as well as the somber look on his face, makes my stomach turn over with anxiety.

"I'll start from the beginning," He begins, clasping his hands together and twiddling his thumbs nervously. "I had a dream one night, about four months ago. Immediately, I knew it wasn't unlike any other dream. Despite being asleep, I was fully conscious. And then she appeared to me, in the distorted, dream-like state. The Moon Goddess."

He pauses, gauging my reaction, but I have none besides confusion. Strangely enough, I didn't doubt him. Not only did I strongly believe that Finn wouldn't lie to me, but my Grams had told me that those who were Moon-Blessed could be contacted by her. And if anyone would be Moon-Blessed, it would certainly be Finn.

"At first, I was skeptical. But she knew things, things about me that would be otherwise impossible to know. And so when she made her request, I had no choice but to listen. After all, she is my Goddess, and to refuse her would be blasphemous.

She told me that she had very important information regarding my mate, but that she couldn't stay in my dream for much longer, that she is weakened. She told me that in order to learn the information, I would have to kidnap someone."

I inhale sharply and Finn winces. He was talking about me. The Moon Goddess has requested that he steal me- why?

"Obviously, she was talking about you. She described a girl with pale skin, raven hair, and eyes the color of the ocean. She warned me that you would be hard to kidnap, because the Alpha of Blue Moon believed you to be his mate."

But I am Thane's mate. Nothing makes sense anymore. I'm sure the dubious look on my face shows my confusion.

"And so for a few weeks, I lurked on the outskirts of Blue Moon, looking for the girl. And then one day, I saw you.

You were upset, clearly, and I felt guilty when I had to subdue you. But I had seen your power in the forest while you were attacking Blue Moon guards who tried to stop you from leaving, and the Moon Goddess warned me that you would not come willingly. And so I hit you with a rock to knock you out," Finn winces at this, like the memory caused him pain.

"But you didn't pass out right away. I caught you in my arms, and I felt sparks. I didn't think, at that time, you were my mate, because my wolf didn't recognize you. But then you reached out, like you were in a trance, and stroked my face. You called me pretty," He smiles slightly at the memory, though he looks a little green.

"All I could do was promise you that this next part wouldn't hurt, because I knew that Dean would wipe your memory. And so I carried you here, but the whole time, I couldn't stop staring at your sleeping face, worried about the injury on your head- the one I caused.

But the Moon Goddess assured me that your pain would be temporary, that all of this was for the greater good. And when you woke up, I began the next step that the Moon Goddess commanded.

She told me that you had to summon her, using your Gift. You thought I was crazy, obviously, because I kidnapped you and then wanted you to summon a God. You asked why the hottest guys are always the craziest," He laughs slightly, but I have no idea what he's talking about. This never happened.

"I had to threaten you," He cringes. "To get you to summon her, I said horrible things that I didn't mean because I needed you to use your magic to summon the Moon Goddess so we could talk. And so you did as I said, and I will never forgive myself for the fear in your eyes you had when you looked at me.

But you summoned her, and when she appeared, we were both in shock. I wasn't fully convinced at the time that I wasn't crazy, and you weren't either- rightfully so.