Chapter 26

I woke up pissed off.

Like... I wanted to punch something.

I pulled on my training clothes, and I could see from outside of the window that the sun had barely begun to rise.

When I was finally downstairs, I cringed at Thane sleeping on the couch. There had to have been a billion empty rooms in the house, he could have at least slept in one of those. Especially since I was not ready to deal with him yet.

As if sending my presence, Thane bolted upright as he woke up. "Onyx, you're up early," He said as he gathered his bearings. "I can make you something to eat, maybe pancakes? Waffles? Whatever you want," He offered.

"Not hungry," I muttered. "Which room is Lucas staying in?"

"Third floor, second door on the right," Thane answered his eyebrows raised. "Why do you want to know where Lucas is?"

"Training," I mumble, already turning away from him and heading back upstairs.

I follow Thane's directions, and knock on the door. After a minute, Lucas answers, his light brown hair disheveled, only wearing flannel pajama pants. I tried not to stare at his large chest.

"Onyx? I asked if you needed something?" Lucas asked, an eyebrow quirked up.

"Oh- right. Sorry," I apologized. "I was wondering if you would maybe want to start training. I know it's a little early and I totally understand if you want to sleep in. I mean who wouldn't? I just couldn't sleep and so I thought maybe if we-"

Lucas cut me off with a deep chuckle. "Relax, motor mouth. Just give me a second, I'll be downstairs in a minute."

I nod, smiling slightly as I turn around and head back downstairs, where Thane is pacing, although the stops when he sees me. "I took the day off. I thought maybe we could spend some time together," He said, his eyes pleading to make amends with me.

"Sorry, I have training," I shrug him off, looking to the side awkwardly. "Maybe Ares wants to hangout with you."

Thane sighed, running his hand through his hair in exasperation. "Onyx, it's not what you think. I promise that I do not have feelings for the Blood Luna. You're my mate, I would never-"

He stops speaking when Lucas reaches the bottom of the staircase, his hair pulled into a man-bun. He kind of reminded me of Thor, from the Marvel movies.

"Lucas! Let's go," I say, thankful that he arrived at the perfect time.

"Are you sure?" Lucas asks, looking at Thane, who's glowering at him. "If you want to go train with Alpha Thane, I don't mind."

"Thane's busy," I say shortly, pulling Lucas hand and practically dragging him outside, leaving Thane standing alone.

"Jesus, Onyx," Lucas said, and pulled on my wrist, stopping me. "What the hell is going on? You hate training."

"Not today I don't," I mutter, and continue my speed walking to the training center.

We reach the building in a record-breaking amount of time, and I sit on the floor, stretching my legs out, wincing as I try to ease the pain of the soreness from the prior day.

"What's got you down, blue-eyes?" Lucas asks me as he stretches from across me.

I roll my eyes at the nickname, but it does make me crack a smile. "It's nothing."

"If it makes you upset, it's not nothing." He says, and he makes everything sound so simple.

I sigh as I switch legs. "It feels... wrong to say bad things about my mate."