Chapter 51

Even though some of y'all are rude and ungrateful af about how much I've updated, I've decided to be nice and update ONYX anyways.

(That's a lie I'm just wasted. Yes it's in the afternoon for me. No I don't accept any judgement about this. In my defense, I was only trying to get mildly tipsy)

((Okay fine I was trying to black out fuck off))

When I turn around, I see Thane standing with Leo and ten of his warriors. Thane's face is completely emotionless in his trademark bored expression.

"Good to know you've missed me while you've been gone, mate," He says sardonically, and I can see his magic swirling around him in shades of white and gray.

Finn steps in front of me protectively, and Thane looks at him in disgust. "Let me guess? Finn? Savior of the Rogues? Stealer of women?" Thane laughs darkly.

"You're not taking her," Finn says lowly.

Thane raises an eyebrow. "She's not your mate, pup. She's mine."

I step out from behind Finn. "You killed Greyson," I say contemptuously, and I can feel the Darkness begging to be released, just like it had that night. "You may be my mate, but I will never go back with you."

Thane narrows his eyes at me. "Onyx, you don't want to do this. You know I can defeat you easily. Do us both a favor and come willingly so I don't hurt you."

My magic swirls around me, dark and deadly. I wouldn't be able to hold it back. I didn't even want to. "You can't hurt me ever again, Thane. You know why?"

"Do tell, Onyx," He purrs, and his magic is just as present as mine, although I know he's only showing it to frighten me, not because he can't control it.

My lips curl into a cruel smile. "Because I'm not fighting the Darkness anymore."

The grass around us instantly blackens, and I hold my palms out, letting my magic suffocate all his wolves. Black fog covers them, and before they can react, they pass out. At this point, my Darkness is in complete control of my actions. Before, it was hard for me to wield it, requiring immense effort and focus, but now, it had a mind of its own.

Thane shields himself with his own magic, and looks at his sleeping wolves in shock. "What have you done, Onyx?"

I laugh venomously, and drain the life from more trees, and my magic is no longer swirling around me- it's everywhere. I can feel power, so much power coursing through me, I know I could kill him without even trying. "Isn't this what you wanted, honey?" I say sweetly, and black mist is coming out of my eyes just to relieve the excess amount of power. "You wanted me to use the Darkness- and now I am."

Thane sends shards of his magic at me, but the Darkness takes care of it so I don't have to, instantly dissolving his magic like it was nothing more than smoke. "That's the best you can do, mate?" I sneer, and throw a ball of dark energy at him.

His magic slices through it, and white mist collects around my feet. He's trying to paralyze me. "Not this time," I hiss, and my magic tears his apart. I use his own move against him, and black mist gathers around him. Just like other night, he's able to shatter it, but more black magic replaces whatever he breaks, and soon, he's too enveloped by it to fight it.

He falls to the ground, and he's completely paralyzed, my magic wrapped around him like a cocoon. Unlike his pack members, I don't want him asleep yet. The Darkness wants to hurt him first. I'm not sure where it ends and where I begin, but we both want the same thing.

I walk over to Thane, who's eyes are frantic. I crouch down over his body. "What's wrong, Thane?" I coo, reaching my hand out to run a finger along his face. His eyes are terrified, and I relish in it. "Don't like having to lay here, completely helpless? Tell me: How does it feel knowing that I could kill all of your men right in front of you, and there's nothing you could do to stop me?"