[ 16 ]

{ Evening }

"Took you a while..." Belphie sighed.

"I went on several trips..." Yuuki replied, trying to catch her breath while carrying a plushie. Belphie looked at her in confusion.

"I did what you asked, and even got you a souvenir. Now, if you want to be freed, make a pact with me" Yuuki stated.

"Wait...you ACTUALLY did it!?" Belphie looked at her in disbelief.

"Yeah...I even got you something" Yuuki stretches out her arms, showing the cow plushie.

"What? You think you could bribe me with something so childish?" He scoffed.

"I did my end of the bargain so do yours!" She huffed.

"Fine..." Belphie sighed, grabbing the plushie from Yuuki, hands touching slightly.

"There I did it. Happy now?"

"Yeah. But I have to ask, why are you making escaping such a big ideal? Can't you ask any of your brothers to help you?" Yuuki asked.

Belphie then sighed. "You don't get it, do you?"

'I never had any older brothers nor siblings so of course not' Yuuki rolled her eyes.

"If my other brothers learned about my current situation, they'd fly into a fit of rage and confront Lucifer about it."

"If that happened, it wouldn't be an ordinary family squabble. It might very well devolve into a war that will envelope the entire Devildom and if worst came to worst, even the human world wouldn't be spared"

"I'd like to find a peaceful resolution to all this. For Lucifer, for the Devildom, and for the human world as well. Personally, I'd like to to have a proper face-to-face talk with Lucifer. That's all I want, do you understand?"

"Sounds fishy but I guess I'll help if I have nothing else to do..." Yuuki replied but kept a thought in mind.

'If it weren't for my magic ability, I would've believed your lies.'