Chapter 1*

Dedicated to @KiwiAndKoalas ! Really cool person and is so active in the comments, I look forward to every single one I read! lots of love<3

*edit: this chapter has been edited and a new scene has been added. NSFW content included.

Chapter 1*

Tatiana

"Oh my God, Tatiana, have you seen these earrings my husband just bought me?" Emily Sanders asked, deftly pulling her hair back to show them off. "They're the latest Tiffanys and aren't even being sold yet!" she said, continuing to prattle off about them and how fabulous her husband treats her to her, Rose, Faye, and Sasha.

Tatiana rolled her eyes. She's been here all of forty-five minutes and she was already ready to bolt. These weekend brunches really were getting old fast, it was basically a housewife get-together. Only, she was the sole bachelorette.

She sighed before flashing her a fake smile. "Yes Emily, they're pretty."

"Oh I know right!" she squealed. She turned to Rose Romano, showing off the earrings to her. Rose just smiled at Emily as well before rolling her eyes at Tatiana, looking like she wanted to tear her eyes out.

She laughed under her breath. Rose was the only one here she could genuinely say she liked. Faye Burgess was nice enough but she usually kept to herself, merely observing them and Nina Vasiliev, whom she'd never met, had stopped going to these long before Tatiana had to substitute for her sister, Lucia. Emily Sanders and Sasha Scemo were from rags to riches stories and although she wouldn't initially have anything against them, they were just so annoying.

She couldn't explain it. Maybe it was the fake face, the constant bragging, or their stinging perfume, she wasn't sure. It didn't matter, she was forced to attend these brunches because apparently mafia wives didn't have much to do.

She rolled her eyes. Mafia wives her ass, she wasn't even anyone's wife and she was being forced to attend these because of her father. No matter what, a woman representing each big crime family in America, those that co-existed together at least, had to attend these. Usually, Lucia would be the one going to these but she was on a blind date that their father set up for a potential husband for her. Ugh, mafia politics. Tatiana had been running around too much these past few weeks doing errands for the Family and she was exhausted. The last thing she needed right now was to listen to these housewives talk about the latest Chanel bag being released or who was sleeping with who.

"Well!" Rose exclaimed loudly, gathering her purse and coat. "This was lovely ladies but I have to meet my husband now. I'll see you all next week. Bye!" She waved her goodbyes, leaving the restaurant that had been cleared out for us in a hurry.

Tatiana sighed, finishing her drink before standing up herself and gathering her belongings. "I must leave too, I have a party to attend later this evening," she said, smiling at them. "Ciao!" Her words of parting in Italian. As far as anyone was concerned, she was a full-blooded Italian, as it should be. Her safety depended on the knowledge that both the right and wrong people may have about her lineage.

She walked out of the restaurant and breathed a sigh of relief when she reached the bustling street of New York. Her life was hectic but she had it better than most.

"Ready to leave Ms. Tiana?" her driver Jared Flynn asked, calling her by her nickname, waiting next to the glossy black Benz parked by the curb that he used to drive her here. It was the customary car that all of her father's drivers drove, regardless of who. Although it wasn't her Audi convertible, it was comfortable nonetheless.