Chapter 15

You guys reached this week's vote goal fast oml thank you! Some really interesting things happen in this chapter, I can safely say that this is one of the most important chapters in the story;)

Lots of love <3

Chapter 15

Tatiana

"It's not broken," the doctor, Monica, proclaimed as she pointed at a specific area on her ankle on the x-ray machine. "You just have a minor fracture, nothing too serious," she further explained. "You must've landed pretty hard, though."

"Yeah," Tatiana said, massaging her leg just for something to do—to keep her hands moving. "My footing was bad when we crashed down on the road."

The doctor nodded, turning the light off for the x-ray. "As far as I can tell, it's the only place where you are injured." She wrote something on her plain, black clipboard. "I'll prescribe you some painkillers and I'll call in the nurse to make the mold and place the plaster on you in a bit. You will need to wear it for at least three weeks, then we'll see how you're doing after that."

"Three weeks?" she asked, horrified, looking towards Zeke who has kept silent the whole time. He had insisted on staying with her while she was with the doctor and no matter what she said, he wasn't taking no for an answer.  "What about France?"

Zeke shrugged, contemplating the situation while the doctor stood by her office table, going through papers. "We'll have to ask our fathers about this. But I think we should push through with it. That explosion was just more proof that you're in danger and that we have to leave and hide you as soon as possible," he replied quietly to her.

She sighed. "For how long, do you think?"

"At least until we know you are no longer in danger, or we catch whoever is targeting you. Whichever comes first," he said coolly, clenching his fist.

"Hey," Tatiana reached out and squeezed his hand. She wasn't sure why she did it—but it felt like the right thing to do. "I'll be fine, you know," she said after a moment. "After all, for now I have you to protect me." She smiled, hoping to lighten up his mood.

He gave her a small smile that didn't quite reach his eyes. "For now."

"Well, here's your prescription," Monica said, turning back to them and snapping their attention back to hers. "Take these twice a day and don't drink alcohol when you're on medication," she remarked.

"I also have a request from a Mr. Antonio Belluchi to give you the hospital suite until you are discharged from the hospital," she added, holding up a piece of paper.

Tatiana groaned. "This is exactly what I was trying to avoid," She rolled her eyes. "They're blowing this out of proportion, I don't need a suite when I'll be leaving in a few hours."

"Well, you have no choice," the doctor said. "They already paid for the room and specifically instructed that we tend to your every need."

Tatiana sighed while Zeke chuckled quietly. She shot him a dirty look and he promptly stopped, amusement still dancing in his eyes.

"Anyway, here's the key card to the room." Monica them a card. "It's room two on the 20th floor. Your other companion, Jared Flynn has also been set up on the 20th floor but he's still deeply sedated."

"Thank you, doctor," she said to her sincerely.

Monica waved off her thanks. "Just doing my job," she said before turning away, getting back to work.

Zeke helped her get off the bed and onto a wheelchair that they had provided her. She hated it, feeling helpless and weak having to rely on a chair to move around but she didn't have a choice. Zeke had outright refused her request to just walk—albeit slowly—towards the room but he had given her a look that made her shut right up, not wanting to push him.