Chapter 27

Update day! Some cute Zeke x Tatiana moments ahead, prepare yourselves!

Ps. I'm curious what ship names you guys have in mind, let me know if you have any ideas!

Lots of love <3

Chapter 27

Tatiana

She stirred awake when she felt soft lips leave small kisses across her face.

She slowly opened her eyes to see Zeke knelt next to the soft, white linen bed, his face bathed in moonlight.

"Good morning, beautiful." He gave her a small smile, one that she shyly returned.

"You need to wake up mon ange, you haven't eaten anything in hours." He said, catching a small tendril of her hair that fell in front of her face and wound it back.

She cleared her throat before speaking. "What time is it?"

"It's eight in the morning." He replied softly, almost whispering so as not to disturb the quiet morning. "You've slept the whole day. Well, whole day back in New York anyway."

She groaned, sitting up slightly. She hated jet lag, it always felt like her body couldn't catch up on time.

"We're really in France." She said as if she was still trying to grasp the idea.

The events that had transpired in the past few hours seemed unreal. From the party, to meeting her real father, finding out about a half-sister and being engaged to the man she hadn't been able to stop yearning for in the few months that they had known each other.

She felt like she was Cinderella at the ball. She had her prince charming but at what cost? Her thoughts were in such a jumble, worrying about Verratti who turned out to be her real father, wondering about Angelica, and thinking about her previous step-siblings and what they must be thinking right now.

By now, she was sure, they knew. It all felt like a dream, with a tang of bitterness that went with it.

However, along with the bitterness were a few drops of sweetness in the form of Zeke. The small kisses they exchanged, how her skin tingled with each brush of his skin on hers, and all the other little moments she had shared with him ever since they found out they could be together, even if it had only been a few hours.

It was bittersweet.

"Yes, we're really in France." Zeke said, snapping her out of her thoughts. "My home turf, I guess you could say." He said jokingly, making her smile.

As much as she wanted to stay buried under the fluffiness that was the comforter, she knew she had to leave the bed at some point. She started raising herself from the bed but a searing pain that shot up her side made her gasp, causing her to fall back on the bed.

Zeke lurched forward. "Easy." Zeke warned, wrapping an arm behind her shoulders and helping her slowly get up. "After you get something to eat we need to have someone take a look at your ribs."

She breathed slowly, the pain subsiding. She only nodded in reply.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you." He murmured, his hand caressing her bruised ribs, hands running softly across her skin.

She shook her head. "No, it wasn't your fault. Besides," She added. "I've been banged up worse before, I can handle it." She said, trying to make him feel better.

It didn't work. Zeke only gritted his teeth, rage and anger burning in his eyes as he stared into the distance. To whom it was directed too, she didn't know.