Chapter 3

Dedicated to @swag_gerism ! She's really nice and she gave some really great comments lmao thank you so much for your support<3

Chapter 3

Tatiana

They arrived at the estate of the Vasiliev family a few minutes later. The party already seemed to be in full swing, which was good. They usually arrive at events like these quite late, usually after dinner so that they weren't exposed to unknown territory for too long.

They piled out of the limo as Nate opened the door for them. He left some instructions to their driver before walking to where they stood a few meters away as they looked around the property. The Vasiliev estate was full of rich land, dominated by their castle-like mansion at the center, with turrets at the side. Big medieval-like windows and doors decorated the front although the mansion itself seemed to be more modernized now.

As they walked closer, a tall, built man with sandy hair and a petite woman with striking red hair approached them.

"Welcome to our home, Ms. Belluchi," the man greeted with a wide smile, bowing slightly. "I am Ivanov Vasiliev and this is my sister Nina." He gestured to the women next to him who also flashed them a smile.

"Its our pleasure." Tatiana inclined her head slightly. "And please, call me Tatiana," she added with an embarrassed smile. Only close friends and family called her Tiana, the rest always addressed her by her full name.

Ivanov gestured to two men behind him who she only just noticed were standing there. "Please do not think us rude, but we must question your party regarding their identities and relationship to you." He smiled apologetically. "Normal procedure, you see. Afterwards, Nina will give you a tour around the estate."

Tatiana nodded, stepping aside for them to first question the three guards that Nate brought with him on her father's orders. As she watched them conduct their mini-interview, Nina stood next to her.

"Was the drive here pleasant?" she asked, making conversation.

Tatiana smiled and nodded. "Yes, thank you. Hardly any traffic." It was laughable to think there even would be any traffic since the Vasiliev estate was in a more secluded part of urban New York. The roads to it were hardly filled with any vehicles and she had noticed that security cameras were spread through various street lights that led to the estate. She was sure that Nina knew of their drive here.

They continued to chat while Ivanov and his two men were finishing up with their questions, when suddenly a man showed up. He was tall, lean-built, had dark hair, and an astonishingly handsome face, unlike anyone she had ever met. When he looked up at her eyes, she saw that he had the bluest eyes she had ever seen. It was as if his eyes reflected the dark seas, the calm before the storm that left her in a small trance.

She snapped out of her reverie when the man bowed to her slightly. "Tatiana Belluchi, a pleasure," the man murmured softly, gently pulling her hand up to his lips as he dropped the softest of kisses. "I am Zeke Vasiliev," he said against her hand before looking up at her, pinning her with his gaze.

"The pleasure is all mine," she managed to breathe out. Her mind was racing a thousand questions a minute. Who was this man? Is he a son of Pavel Vasiliev's? She knew of only Pavel's three children and so she was confused. But most importantly, why did they all seem to bow at her?

Next to them, Ivanov continued to question her group. Her three extra bodyguards have already been cleared and Carmen and Louis had just finished when Ivanov turned to Nate. He glanced at her and his eyes zeroed in on Zeke's hand still holding hers.