Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Tatiana

"Here." Eloise handed her a small cup of coffee. "My father is going through your x-rays as we speak, he'll be out soon with your diagnosis." She said, her tone of voice taking that of polite indifference.

"Thank you." She said as she took her offering. She carefully brought the mug up to her lips, taking a small sip before letting out a sigh of relief. "This is really good." She praised Eloise, the warm aftertaste lingering on her tongue.

"It was how my mother used to make it." Eloise merely said quietly, staring at the mug she had in hand before blinking and retreating back from where she came.

Tatiana breathed slowly, taking a few more sips of the beverage before setting it down on the coffee table. She could tell that she and Zeke's presence in her home wasn't something Eloise liked, yet she did not know why. She'll have to bring it up with Zeke later.

A few moments later, Geoffrey walks in, carrying the tablet Eloise held a while ago and a small clipboard.

"Hi, Tatiana." Geoffrey greeted as he sat opposite her.

"What's the verdict, Doc?" Tatiana asked in a lighthearted manner.

"You'll need to lay off of any sudden movements." Geoffrey said. "You have a few contusions and bruised ribs but nothing that will not heal over time."

"However, your blood pressure is quite low for someone of your physique." He continued on. "I'll advice you a meal plan and medication, just some iron tablets to go along with some pain killers for your ribs."

Tatiana bit her lip. "Thank you, I'd appreciate it." She replied quietly.

At the sound of footsteps, they both glanced up to find Zeke appear from the hallway.

"Zeke." She breathed a sigh of relief as he walked closer.

"How are you?" He asked, referring to her ribs as he drew closer and sat down next to her on the couch, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he looked down at her and into her eyes.

"They're not bothering me as much anymore." She murmured to him, instantly melting into his embrace.

He looked at her doubtfully but nodded nonetheless. "All right." He turned to Geoffrey. "Where can we get the medication she needs?"

"It's all in here." Geoffrey said to them as he handed her a piece of paper filled with writing. "Here's your meal plan and instructions for the medication. I can get you the medication myself, it will be faster that way. I can drop them off your residence during your stay here."

"You know where we are staying?" Zeke raised an eyebrow.

"Your uncle mentioned you were all currently at your mother's vacation home." Geoffrey waved him off. "I can drop by some time tomorrow if that's all right." Geoffrey said, standing up.

Zeke only nodded, standing up as well, Tatiana following suit. "That would be appreciated."

Taking this as their cue to leave, Tatiana spoke in farewell. "Thank you so much for seeing us and welcoming us into your home, Geoffrey." She said, stepping forward and shaking his hand.

"It was no trouble. Vincent is a good friend, never hesitate to call when you're in need." He smiled back, only nodding at Zeke in goodbye. "Eloise, please see them out." He said before retreating back to his office.

Eloise walked them to the exit in silence, they exchanged no words and when they reached the door she merely opened it, letting them out before closing the door with no farewell.