19

A long update for you all. As always, let me know what you think and thank you for reading

*

"I almost hooked up with Adrian," MJ says.

Sabina chokes on her drink and puts the bottle down. "Jesus, a little warning would be nice."

Andy checks if the door is locked once again. They're not allowed drinks inside their dorm room, but MJ texted them both after class and said she needed to drink without going to the bar, and somehow, the eldest managed to sneak in five bottles of tequila. "What happened?" she asks, sitting on the edge of the mattress.

"I hate him," MJ says.

Sabina scoffs and offers her a bottle. "Yeah, okay."

The ginger takes a swig, leaning her head back. She swipes her mouth with the back of her hand, face twisting in disgust. "Hate him for lying to me, but he's so hot. Especially when he's mad."

Andy purses her lips. "Do you still have feelings for him?"

"'Course I do," MJ answers with no hesitation, taking another swig. "I don't want to forgive him, but he's so persistent it's annoying. He went by school today and got mad at me because I let it slip I skipped lunch. He was going to drag me somewhere to eat, but then I kissed him and we almost went at it in the bathroom."

Sabina clicks her tongue. "Great going."

"Sab," Andy says with a frown, shaking her head.

MJ sighs heavily and stretches her legs on the floor, leaning against the bed frame. Her eyes are shiny, like they're threatening to spill tears. "No, she's right. Adrian stopped it because he thinks I'm going to regret it. He said we needed to talk before doing anything else. But I...I was horrible. I told him I had no intention of getting back together with a liar, but sex I'd be down for. I said he at least owed me that."

"You're brutal as fuck." The eldest drinks from her bottle. "And? You left?"

"He did, this time."

Andy slides down to the floor and envelopes her friend in a hug. "I'm sorry, MJ. Is there anything we can do?"

MJ buries her head on Andy's shoulder. "I'm just glad you guys are here. I know I need to apologize, but I need to sort my shit out first. Truth? I love him, and I don't want him to be with anyone else, but the idea of being lied to again scares me."

Sabina scoots close and joins in the group hug. "You do what you need to do, babe. He deserves shit, but he regrets what he did. Think about that."

MJ raises an eyebrow. "I thought you hated him."

"He's an asshole, but that doesn't mean he's not a human being." Sabina shrugs and clinks her bottle with MJ's. "It's your choice, 'kay? Alcohol, Andy, and I will always be here to support you. I kicked drugs out of the friend group, figured it wouldn't do you good to be reminded of that."

The ginger smiles. "Thanks, guys."

Andy chuckles and smooths her hand down MJ's hair. "Love you."

Andy spends her night with her best friends until MJ's laughing.

As for Bash...well, despite their talk, he and Andy remain good friends—the first time they saw each other after they went out with Piper and Sam, there was no hint of awkwardness in the air. Bash was as easygoing and carefree and friendly as he was before—and Andy's glad. She was a little nervous about seeing him after his confession, but Bash never brought it up. Even pretended like it didn't happen, actually.