22

im so excited to update more omg :c there's a lot of shit coming aaaaAAAA

let me know what you think, i love reading comments!

*

Andy can't tell him.

Kat taps her fingernails on Andy's untouched book. "I thought we were here, in this study hall, to study."

She's right. "I am," she defends herself weakly, pulling the book in front of her. She clears her throat. "I'm studying."

Her friend nods. "You want to talk about what's bothering you? Last week, you wouldn't even reply to any of my texts. You look better but still spaced out."

Andy swallows down the sudden guilt rising up in her chest. She scrunches her nose. "It's nothing. Boy problems, I guess." A small laugh escapes her lips. "It's stupid."

Kat scoffs and leans back against her chair. "Man, you're so painstakingly obvious when you two fight."

Andy grimaces. "I'm well-aware."

"You shouldn't let that shit affect you too much," Kat says, crossing her arms. "You'll depend on the relationship and then you'll have nothing to fall back on. Answer my messages, okay, dimwit?"

Andy grins. "Noted for future reference." She checks the time on her watch and scrambles to her feet. "I'll treat you to coffee after class on Monday, 'kay? I have to go meet someone."

The blue-haired girl waves her hand dismissively. "Bye."

Andy grabs her things and blows her a kiss.

Bash is already waiting for her at Baked!. She hasn't seen him since the incident with her period, and, like all her other friends, ignored his calls and messages. Kat's right—she shouldn't let her fights with Rhysand affect her so much. It makes her feel...guilty. And uneasy.

Thankfully, Bash doesn't look mad. He smiles widely once he sees Andy enter the bakeshop. "Hey."

"Hi," Andy says back, taking a seat across from him. "First of all, I'm so sorry about what happened that day. And thank you for the clothes and for everything else."

"I told you not to mention it," he says, still wearing that friendly smile, that Andy heaves a sigh of relief. "But, ah, are you and Rhysand okay?"

Andy wants to groan. "Yes, fine now, thank you. And I'm sorry for not getting back to you. I was...not in the best of moods."

Bash raises both his eyebrows. "I got that. I'm glad you're fine, Andy."

"Thank you." She reaches inside her bag and takes out his clothes. "Here. All washed and ironed. Thank you."

He sighs. "I was hoping you'd keep them."

Andy's shoulders drop. "Bash."

"I know, I know, sorry, that slipped out," her friend says in a rush, reaching over to take the clothes from her. He looks at her and purses his lips. "Don't disappear like that again. I was worried, but Johann said you were fine when he visited. I was in training then. S'why I couldn't come."

Andy nods. "I won't. Nothing to be worried about, though. I'm fine."

Bash nods, too. "Piper was bummed you couldn't come out for Halloween."

"I know, I told her I'll make it up to her. Drinks are on me next time."

Bash grins. There's a twinkle in his eye when he says, "I'll remember you said that. Are you heading in for work now?"