31

Her days in the school are equally fulfilling, refreshing, tiring, and unpredictable.

She's had a hand in assisting Olivia, Michael, and Ben so far, and she loves her work and the students. She's handling tutoring sessions and given tasks to arrange lesson plans, prepare presentations and educational games fit for the kids, and she helps when she can in the lunchroom and in the office, sorting out paperwork and answering calls with Mrs. Florence. She loves her job.

But Rhysand's work has become so demanding with the making of the album, and he has meetings almost every day and it's so hard to contact him and see him and Andy thinks she's wrestling with his job for a little bit of his attention and time.

She shouldn't feel this way. Not when she has shifts at Baked! and days at the school to keep her busy.

Jenner is helping her make cutouts for tomorrow's class in the living room. "If you're sulky because you haven't been talking to Rhysand, don't worry. I live with him and I don't see him."

"That's worse," Andy mutters, focusing on cutting the leaves of her tree. "What time does he come home?"

"No idea, I'm asleep."

Andy sighs and puts her tree down. "He's so busy."

"It's because they're meeting with the CEO this week, I think," Jenner says, smiling at her. "It's a lot of pressure for him, you know." He stands up and dusts off his hands. "What do you want for dinner? I'll text Rhys and ask if he's coming home in time for it."

"Don't text him," Andy mutters, shaking her head. "He won't answer. Order for him too, we'll put it in the fridge for him to eat later when he comes home."

"Gotcha."

Andy and Jenner decide on Thai food, and they eat on the sofa while a movie's playing.

And then she's showered, dressed, ready for bed, and Rhysand still isn't home. She lies down on the bed, hugs the bear, and texts him. Baby come home now :( there's food here, have you eaten?

She closes her eyes and holds the phone to her chest, but she doesn't wait long before it buzzes with an immediate reply. Yes

Come home >:( You need to sleep im waiting for you >:(

On the way. Go to bed, sunshine.

Andy smiles and drifts off.

She only wakes up again when she feels a hand on her waist. "Rhys?" she says sleepily, blinking her eyes open.

"It's me." Hearing his voice makes her feel so warm. "Why didn't you get inside the covers, sunshine? You're freezing."

Andy lets him tuck her in. "Was waiting for you," she mutters, grabbing his hand. "Come to bed."

"I need to shower," he murmurs, kissing her head. "I'm sorry you had to wait. I know I've been busy."

"Then take me out on a date tomorrow night," Andy tells him, snuggling in his arm. "I miss you."

Rhysand brushes her hair away from her face. "Okay," he whispers. "Tomorrow night's for me and you. I'll pick you up at your dorm."

She smiles. "Promise?"

"Promise. Go to sleep."

Satisfied, Andy nods. "'Kay. Take your shower, you stink."

Rhysand scoffs and stands to head to the bathroom.

In the morning, she has a text on her phone. Andy sits up, rubs her eyes, and reads it. Left for work. I love you.

Her lips turn up. I love you :D see you tonight!! don't forget to eat and don't smoke!