38

i would like to remind everyone that this is fictional—trey is a fictional character, the events of this book are all fictional. please be reminded of that while reading this chapter, i, in no way, condone or support police brutality.

also, please help out with BLM and for George Floyd in any way you can. #BlackLivesMatter. Always.

warning: sexual themes!

*

"I can't believe you're studying right after we just fucked. I usually tire you out and then you sleep and don't move for hours."

Andy smiles down at her book, flipping a page. "I have finals, baby, I have to study."

Rhysand, from the bed, hums thoughtfully. "So you came here after school to study but you jumped me as soon as I walked in the room."

She twists around to look at him. Her boyfriend is still naked under the covers, arms above his head, and he looks absolutely handsome. Andy has half a mind to jump him again. "That's why I'm studying now," she says, grinning, leaning her chin against the chair. "I haven't been here in a week, you know."

"Yeah, you were ignoring me."

Andy laughs. "I was studying in the library! You can't distract me in the library."

"And then you missed fucking."

She laughs again, louder this time. "No, I missed you," she says through her giggles. "But I can leave right now and go back to the library."

"Finish that section then come back, I'm not done with you."

Sighing, Andy closes the book. "I knew I wouldn't get work done if I came here."

Rhysand's lips curl upwards. "You still did, anyway."

"Like I said." Andy stands and crawls over the bed. Rhysand sits up, and Andy pushes him down with a hand on his chest, climbing over his lap and threading her fingers in his hair. "I missed you," she whispers against his lips, kissing him.

Rhysand's hands slip under her—his hoodie, shamelessly running his fingers down her thighs. "Your fault," he reminds her, hanging his head back when Andy tilts her own to brush her lips across the curve of his neck and shoulder. "I have something to tell you."

Andy gets rid of her hoodie. "Can it wait until after you've made love to me?"

Rhysand laughs under his breath and squeezes her bottom. "Insatiable," he mutters, grasping her throat with his other hand, toying with her necklace. "Does this hurt?"

A heat rises to Andy's cheeks. "No."

"Good." Rhysand grazes the pad of his finger along the light bruises on her neck, and then slides lower, down to her chest. "And no, I'll tell you right now so I can make it up to you afterwards."

Andy pulls back with a frown. "I'm worried."

Rhysand half-smiles. "I was supposed to tell you when I found out, but you've been busy with finals and I figured you wouldn't want it on your mind. And I was supposed to tell you earlier, but again, you jumped me..."

"That's not what happened," Andy says, blushing, weakly hitting his chest. "But seriously, what is it? I'm getting scared."

Rhysand catches her fingers and kisses each of them, keeping her eyes on hers. "I won't be able to come with you to Parkway this summer."

A sigh of relief escapes Andy. She slumps down, pressing her forehead against his shoulder and exhales heavily. "That's fine," she says, nodding. "I thought it was something else. You scared me."