Chapter twenty four - coffee

Wow, I don’t understand myself…

I don’t want sex in real life but if it’s frickle frack with the Frerard then I’m all for it.

Oh, yes, and I nearly forgot to mention. This is the last full chapter of ‘Disgusting’. There will be an epilogue. But this is the last proper chapter.

SAVOUR IT. SAVOUR IT LIKE YOU WOULD SAVOUR THE LAST RED SKITTLE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The house was already furnished, and the fridge was fully stocked with food. As soon as we discovered that the cupboards were full too, Gerard and I both immediately proceeded to eat the entire contents of the kitchen. We were living together along with Rose, who we soon found some baby formula for. Mikey and Ray took the house over the road, and Bob lived with them (technically as their guardian since they were both underage).

On the inside, the houses looked fit for dinner parties and the likes. It was odd. Like we had all aged twenty years in a day. We had our own homes, and two of us had a kid… we might as well have been married. Except for the fact that I wasn’t old enough.

Gerard and I could finally be a proper couple. We could be together for as long as we wanted. We could kiss and touch and not worry about leaving marks because nobody cared. It was a little embarrassing going to the supermarket with black all over my mouth like a giant neon sign saying ‘I JUST GOT SNOGGED’ and getting a lot of awkward looks, but hell, anything was better than being killed for it.

I managed to get a job quite easily, writing songs for a local record company. The pay was pretty shit, but the government was paying for the house and I could work from home most of the time.

Life carried on getting increasingly more awesome until my seventeenth birthday– where it got so awesome it literally couldn’t get any better. The morning was a bit depressing. I’d had to work through one of my songs with a singer at the company who didn’t like my harmonies and it took a couple of hours, but Gerard welcomed me back home with a kiss and a ‘happy birthday’ mumbled against my mouth and everything was perfect again.

And then it got better.

Rose was over at Mikey’s (he absolutely adored her and never refused to babysit), so we had the whole house to ourselves. Before I knew it we were on our way upstairs, fingers interlocked, hiding smiles. Gerard shut the door behind us and pushed his jacket off his shoulders. He slowly walked towards me and slid his arms around my waist. He kissed me gently, carefully. “Love you,” he said.

“I love you too,” I said softly back. We kissed again, but this time it went further. Soon Gerard was tugging at the hem of my shirt and pulling it over my head.

“Shit, you’re gorgeous,” he breathed, pulling me down onto the bed with him. He climbed on top of me and kissed along my jawline down my neck to my chest. Each brush of lips left a black stain on my white skin, marking me. He was marking me as his.

More clothes disappeared, more kisses were shared. Sighs and moans and all manner of incredibly embarrassing sounds fell from my lips, and by the end of the night, I knew that Gerard was always going to be mine and no one else’s. I’d marked him as mine everywhere, covered every inch of his skin in white kisses, and he’d done the same to me with jet black prints.

We were each other’s forever, and although the black and white stains on our skin would fade, I knew our love never would. We were more than simply on each other’s skin. We were under each other’s skin. He was a part of me and I was a part of him. He could take every single part of me in existence, if he wanted.

This was love.

----

When I woke up, I smiled. It was just a small smile at first, but then I was practically grinning, and I couldn’t stop. Gerard was still asleep, nestled into my chest, covered in splashes of white. This time, however, I didn’t see it as messy. I saw it as harmonious. A union. The union of us.

Gerard’s hair was ruffled and untidy, falling over his eyes. I didn’t want to brush it out of his face. It was usually a mess somehow. It was just something unequivocally Gerard. I wanted to keep him exactly the way he was right now forever. Beautiful, natural, vulnerable.

It kind of hurt that I wasn’t the one to take his virginity from him while he got to take mine, but I couldn’t turn back time, and I was happy with the way things had worked out. If Gerard had never dated Renée then maybe he never would have gained the perspective on life he got out of it and he never would have fallen for me.

Gerard stirred and nuzzled his face into my neck, sighing. He was awake. “Hi,” he mumbled against my skin.

“Hey,” I laughed softly, running a hand through his hair. I still couldn’t stop smiling.

Apparently it was infectious. Gerard giggled and tilted his head to the side so I could stroke his face. His dark brown eyes gazed up at me from under jet black lashes, and the contrast of the white and black on his face made him look like a work of art.

“You look so beautiful,” I said quietly.

He smiled shyly and ducked his head down to kiss the palm of my hand. “So do you.”

I laughed and wrapped my arms around him again. “I love you,” I said as he snuggled into my chest.

“I love you too,” he murmured. “You’re really comfy.”

“Yeah, I’m stuffed with rainbows and teddy bears.”

He rolled his eyes but smiled all the same.

“You want some breakfast?”

“Mm,” Gerard said. “Coffee.”

“Coffee is good.”

“Coffee is always good.”

I reluctantly left the warmth of the bed and the warmth of Gerard to pull on a shirt and a pair of boxers. Gerard laughed.

I frowned. “What?” I asked.

“You took my shirt.”

I looked down. I was wearing Gerard’s black button up. “Oops,” I giggled. “Well, I’m keeping it.”

“Hey!” he said, mock offended. “Give it back.”

“No. It’s all comfy and it smells like you,” I said, ducking my head shyly.

Gerard looked persuaded. “Fine,” he said. “Keep the shirt.” He had a mischievous smile on his face as he climbed out of bed and pulled on his boxers. “But I get to wear yours.”

----

We headed downstairs with our fingers interlocked, expecting the house to still be empty. We were seriously wrong.

Mikey and Ray were in the kitchen, Mikey holding Rose and Ray making coffee. When we walked in holding hands and barely dressed, Mikey snorted and Gerard turned bright red.

“Hi,” Mikey said, holding back more laughter. This was just hilarious for him, wasn’t it?

“Fuck off, this is our house,” Gerard said, trying to hide his embarrassment.

“Swearing in front of a baby!” Mikey exclaimed, mock horrified, and he covered Rose’s ears.

“We should make a swear jar or something,” I said thoughtfully.

“Frankie!” Gerard hissed. “Don’t encourage him.”

“Sorry,” I laughed.

Gerard was still mortified and bright scarlet, self-consciously pulling his shirt down to cover as much of his legs as he could. He was obviously seriously uncomfortable.

“Gee,” I said. “Why don’t we go back upstairs and get dressed?”

He nodded.

“And Mikey? You better make us some coffee.”

Gerard hurried upstairs and I followed. We quickly dressed and washed, then scrambled back downstairs at the smell of coffee. On seeing us, Mikey held out a mug for me to take, but Gerard ducked in front of me and snatched it eagerly before I could take it. I rolled my eyes and took the second cup, but as soon as I brought the mug to my lips I was as eager as Gerard. This coffee was fucking amazing.

“What’s in this stuff?” I asked Mikey when I’d gulped down my mugful.

“Hazelnut,” Mikey said. “We got the posh stuff from the supermarket. Like double the price of regular coffee but about a hundred times more awesome.”

Nice. Hey, Gerard, we should get some–” I turned around and Gerard had disappeared. Where the hell was he? I wandered into the living room, looking around for Gerard.

I found him sitting cross-legged on the floor about a foot away from the television, eyes huge and staring at the Simpsons.

“Gerard, what are you doing?” I asked incredulously. I pulled him away from the TV. “You can’t sit that close.”

“But it’s so cool!” he said, awed. “It’s like that fat yellow guy is inside the screen!”

“Yes, yes, TV is magic. But if you press your eyeballs up against it you’re gonna burn your fucking corneas off.”

Gerard looked unhappy. “The couch is too far away. Everyone is tiny.”

“Get used to it.”

“I can’t,” he whined.

“You got used to me being tiny.”

“That’s different! I’m allowed to sit pressed up against you!”

“Not with your eyes pressed up against me.”

“Fine,” Gerard pouted.

“Come on, don’t be like that. Come and sit down.”

“Can I sit pressed up against you?”

“Yes, if you must. Mikey?” I called. “Please remind me to never give Gerard coffee again.”

“Will do,” Mikey replied. “He’s only had it a couple of times before and it was really weak but he still went all loopy. I dread to think what he’s going to be like all day.”

“Yeah, well at least I’ve got you guys to help.”

“Nope,” Mikey said. He deposited Rose in my lap. “Bye!” he said cheerily.

“No– you can’t just leave!”

“Uh, yes I can. See ya.”

Mikey disappeared out the front door and Ray followed, shrugging apologetically and waving goodbye before abandoning me with Gerard. When I turned around, Gerard was very very close to my face.

His eyes were huge. “Hi Frank.”

“Hey, Gee,” I said awkwardly. I lifted the baby into his arms. “You take Rose for a bit. I’m going to the kitchen to make you this amazing drink I know you’ll love.”

“Is it another variation of coffee?” Gerard asked excitedly.

“Uh, yeah. Let’s go with that.”

“Cool!” he giggled.

I edged out of the living room and into the kitchen, then grabbed a mug. I dropped three teabags of chamomile into the cup and then added some extra-drowsy formula kids’ cough syrup. “This should do it,” I murmured. I poured hot water into the mug and then brought the drink over to Gerard. “Special coffee for you. Extra caffeine.”

“Thanks!” Gerard downed the entire mug in one gulp, but then gagged. He spat out the teabags. “What the hell are they?”

“Uh… caffeine bags?” I lied.

“Wow! Great! Can’t wait for that to kick in!”

----

Gerard was curled up in my arms asleep within ten minutes.

Rosie was in her cot (purchased in haste from Oxfam), and the TV was finally off.

I sighed, contended. Everything was going to be different from now on. I had no idea what was coming, but it was going to be better than my old life, that was for sure.

Gerard and I were going to raise a kid. Man. This was terrifying. But amazing.

I knew that things were going to be tough, and that it wasn’t all candy and rainbows bringing up a child. It was going to be hard, and fucking scary, and Gerard and I were near completely clueless on how to do it. I had no idea what the future was going to bring.

I was only sure of one thing: there was no way in hell it was going to be boring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

OH GOD, IT’S OVER.

IT’S THE END. I FINALLY FINISHED IT.

*Cries forever*

This fic was my baby; my first real whole book, AND NOW IT’S GROWN UP AND IT’S GOING OFF TO COLLEGE AND ALL I HAVE LEFT IS MY CRAPPY YOUNGER ONESHOT CHILDREN WHO WILL NEVER LIVE UP TO THEIR OLDER BROTHER/SISTER/ANDROGYNOUS THINGY.

I’m sorry, I just can’t get over the fact that this is the end. This is the last chapter (other than the epilogue). Thank you so much, all of you… <3 I couldn’t have done any of this without your amazing support and terrifying, hilarious, disturbing comments.

Haha, I just realised, I didn’t tell you who topped and who bottomed in the frickle frackle… Sorry, but Gerard would totally be a bottom. I really like top!Frank in this story. Gerard is his baby.

ANYWAY I LOVE YOU GUYS

MY LITTLE SKITTLE BABIES

I FUCKING LOVE YOU SO MUCH

(Vote and I will love you even more)

xoxo