Chapter twenty two

Chapter twenty two

I can't think of a chapter name and I'm depressed and headachey and I haven't slept well in three years.

I really need a hug, so everybody better fucking hug me tomorrow at school.

Have fun reading now I've depressed you.

------------------------------------------------------------------

We had all just about settled into our new lives, and it was a little awkward and tricky hiding from my mom, but I was happy. Ray was staying over at Mikey's regularly, taking Gerard's bed, and Gerard was over at my house more often than not. We had just about worked out how to still be together and leave minimum marks on each other. The marks didn't show up on clothes, so all we had to do was keep from holding hands and touching when I would be going outside in the near future. Occasionally we would forget this and Gerard would end up kissing me, but in a situation like that, all I had to do to avoid getting killed was skip school and stay home with Gerard for a day. It was a bit awkward, and I was so far behind on my schoolwork I'd forgotten how to do simple equations and use the word 'however' correctly, but it was the best we could do.

Weekends were awesome. After school on a Friday I would come and get Gerard from the incastum and we'd sneak up to my room and stay there for the rest of the day. Mom had no idea we were making out. She thought I was doing homework.

Gerard would take Rose with him some weekends (-on these weekends we would avoid making out).

Rose got more and more beautiful every day. She looked just like a tiny version of Gerard but with fuller lips and darker eyelashes; a more feminine face. It was adorable seeing them together. He looked at her like she was the most precious thing in the world, and she looked back up at him like he was the world.

Gerard was coping surprisingly well with being a parent. He was basically her legal guardian now, and he was caring for her almost all the time - with mine and Mikey's help, of course. He always had a bag of Rose's stuff on hand when he was looking after her, and he already knew all of these special little tricks to calm her down and cheer her up that only a parent knows. Even I was starting to get the hang of keeping her quiet and making her giggle when she was bored.

Everything in my life was finally perfect. I was finally happy.

Of course, it was only so long before everything started going wrong again.

----

It was afternoon when we found out. I was over at Gerard's. Ray and Mikey were chatting with Bob, and Gerard and I were cooing over Rose. She made the most adorable little squeal when you tickled her neck.

It was a bit of a surprise when Pete burst in, panting, a look of complete and utter shock and dismay permanently displayed on his face, and we were all a little weirded out.

"Pete?" I said uncertainly.

He tried to form words, but everything that came out of his mouth just turned into an unintelligible gasp for air. He'd obviously run here. We all waited for him to catch his breath, but he couldn't. He was still wheezing when Patrick came in, slightly less breathless than Pete and considerably better at speaking.

"President," Patrick managed. "President's alive."

"Fuck, you can't be serious," I said.

Patrick grimaced. "We are."

"But he was dead!" Gerard said. "Definitely, definitely dead, right Mikey?"

Mikey nodded confusedly, a frown on his face.