Prologue

It had been a long day at work and you were exhausted. Working as a barista wasn't a hard job, but it was tiring because the cafe was severely understaffed and you rarely got breaks because customers were constantly coming in asking for their lattes and expressos.

You walked home to your apartment and stopped when you saw a sign on your door.

An foreclosure notice.

You sighed in frustration. You'd heard about the owner of the apartment building taking all the money from this place and running off with some skank to the Philippines, but you didn't believe it until now. Now you were looking at a sign that told you that you had a week to get out of your apartment.

You entered your apartment and went to your bedroom, collapsing on the bed and screaming into your pillow.

Today was not a good day.

———

You spent the next day searching for a new place to live. Unfortunately, your search came up fruitless.

All the living spaces were either too expensive for your paycheck, too far away from your work, or they were in sketchy neighborhoods. Deciding to take a break from home searching, you started packing up your belongings. You packed what you could, before taking note that you needed to get some boxes later to finish packing.

You looked at the time and saw that your shift at the cafe was going to start soon. You got dressed in your uniform, locked up your apartment, and make the trek to the cafe.
Thankfully, business was slower today and you asked your coworker, Baekhyun, to cover for you while you went to talk to your manager. You needed to ask for some time off to get your living situation sorted out.

"Mr. Park, can I talk to you for a minute?" You ask as you enter his office.

"Hey, Y/N. Come in," he greeted with a smile, placing the papers he'd been holding on his desk. "I told you that you can call me Chanyeol. We've known each other long enough. What did you come for?"

"I might need some time off this week," you replied, getting straight to the point.

"Oh," Chanyeol quirked an eyebrow at you. "May I ask why?"

"It's a long story, but to sum it up, my living situation is shit right now and I have to find a new place to live."

Chanyeol pursed his lips and leaned back in his chair. "I see. Have you had any luck finding a place?"

"Nope," you deadpanned.

"Damn."

"Yep."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do," Chanyeol said, glancing past you through the open office door. "You can go back to work. Baekhyun looks like he's struggling to expresso how many orders he's taking."

Despite his attempt at a joke, you kept a straight face and glanced behind you at the barista who was making five coffees at once and trying not to mess them up. You bowed politely to Chanyeol before going to help your fellow barista.

———

Two days later, you had all your belongings packed up, but still no place to go. You considered staying with family, but they all lived too far away. You couldn't stay with friends either.

You tapped your fingers on the counter as you waited for a couple to realize that it was their turn to order.

"Can I help you?" You greeted, plastering a fake smile on your face to hide your irritation. The couple finally turned to you and you took their order. They paid and you gave them their order.

"Wow, Y/N! You looked like you were about to snap them in half like toothpicks," Baekhyun chuckled when they left.

"Be careful or I'll snap you in half," you said, coldly.

Baekhyun laughed and nudged your side with his elbow.

"Y/N," Chanyeol called from his office. "Come here please."

"You good here?" You asked Baekhyun and he nodded, shooing you away.

You went to Chanyeol's office and he gestured for you to sit down as he closed the door. He rarely closed the door unless there was something serious happening, which set your nerves bubbling up. You sat down in the chair in front of his desk and waited for him to take a seat as well before speaking.

"Is there something wrong, Mr. Park?"

"No, not at all," he shook is head and smiled. "What makes you say that?"

"You closed the door," you replied. "You usually don't do that."

Chanyeol's mouth formed an O shape before he smiled again and leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk.

"I just thought you'd want to talk about your living situation privately," he said, scratching his neck. "So you're still having no luck finding a place?"

"Nope," you sighed. "I can't find a place. At least not one that is safe and close enough."

"Hmm, I think I can help you out," he told you, rifling through the papers on his desk before pulling out a folder and handing it to you. "My cousin has this place a just a few blocks away and he said you're welcome to stay there."

Chanyeol pointed at the folder in your hands and you opened it to see a collection of photos and a paper with the place's description. You looked at the photos. The place looked nice. You then turned to the description and read over it.

Eight bedroom, four bath, kitchen, utilities included...

You quirked an eyebrow at the eight bedroom part. "Why eight bedrooms?" You mumbled to yourself.

You looked at the cost for rent and your jaw dropped in shock. It was so cheap! Suspiciously cheap....

"Are you pranking me or something? There is no way that a place with eight bedrooms and looks this nice could be this cheap," you said, glaring suspiciously at Chanyeol. "What's the catch?"

Chanyeol's lips curled up in a devilish grin. "What do you think about having roommates?"

———

A/N:
Hi 👋
Thank  you for reading this story.
What do you think so far?? Do you like it?
Sorry but the boys weren't in this chapter. Don't worry they'll show up in the next one. 😉