4 - Protector

Fluff alert OwO

One week later...

It was around 1:30 in the morning when you awoke to a bloodcurdling scream. You shot out of bed and ran down the stairs toward the sound.

You grabbed the baseball bat that was at the door and ran into the kitchen to find Hoseok trying to crawl on top of the kitchen counter, screeching in fear at something on the floor.

"Hobi, what's wrong?" You asked, grabbing his shoulders and steadying him.

"S-Snake," Hoseok whimpered out as he pointed.

You looked in the direction he was pointing and saw a black snake curled up near the refrigerator, hissing at you. At first you were surprised, then after recognizing what kind of snake it was, you sighed and shook your head.

"Aw, Hobi, it's just a little Manchurian water snake," you said, letting go of him and slowly walking over to the snake.

You gently placed the end of the bat over the snake's head and bending down to pick it up, pinching it's head just enough to keep it from biting at you.

"What's going on?" Yoongi's voice came from the entryway.

"Yeah, why are you making all that noise?" Namjoon added as he entered the kitchen with the rest of the boys in tow.

You straightened and held the snake up, which was almost as long as your leg. "This little guy just scared the life out of Hobi."

"Little? That thing is HUGE!" Hoseok cried out.

"That's what she said," Jungkook said and smiled sleepily at his own remark.

"Hobi, get off the counter before I break your face with a frying pan," Seokjin commanded, yawning and looking like an innocent, sleepy angel as if he hadn't just made a threat.

"Y/N, aren't you afraid of snakes?" Jimin asked as he rubbed his eyes.

"Not really," you shrugged as you pet the snake in your hands. "I mean, of course I'm afraid of the poisonous ones, but this little one? The most harm it can do is scare Hobi and make him shit himself."

"I hate snakeu," Hobi cringed as he moved behind Jimin, using him as a human shield.

"Oh, it's not that bad. Look," you said, stepping closer to the seven boys and holding the creature up to them. All of them shied away except for Namjoon and Jungkook, who was still half asleep.

"Keep that devil worm away from me," Taehyung said, stepping back.

"But look at its little smile. Isn't it cute?" You cooed as you held the snake's head up to eye level.

"It does have a cute smile," Namjoon agreed as he looked at the serpent.

"Hobi, baby, come here," you said in a soothing voice.

"No," Hobi whimpered.

"Come on, I promise I won't let it hurt you," you said. "I have a good grip on it and you can stand behind me if you're scared. I'll protect you."

Hoseok hesitantly came over to you and stood behind you, cautiously staring at the reptile. His hands rested on your hips lightly.

"Look," you said, turning the snake so he could see it's face. "See, it's not so bad. It's just a little boop noodle."

"Hmph," Hoseok pouted, holding onto you a little tighter as he rested his chin on your shoulder.

"Hobi Hobi still doesn't like snakeu?" You asked, cutely.