7 - Deadlines

For over a week, you barely saw Yoongi. He was either at work or locked in his studio. He didn't even come out for food or drinks. Your other six housemates didn't seem to notice, acting as if this was a normal occurrence for him. You finally decided to ask about it while everyone, sans Yoongi, was eating breakfast.

"Why hasn't Yoongi been around lately?"

"Deadlines," everyone replied in unison.

"Hyung has to finish a lot of work soon and he usually stays in his studio until he's finished with everything for the deadlines," Jungkook clarified, stuffing his cheeks full of his breakfast.

"This happens a lot. If you want something from Yoongi, text him," Seokjin added, reassuringly.

"Speaking of which," Hoseok cut in, standing up and grabbing a small tray of food. "I need to take his breakfast to him." Hoseok left the kitchen with Yoongi's meal and you turned back to the rest of the boys at the table.

"I have to get to work soon," you announced, scooping up the rest of your food. "Thanks for the food, Jinnie."

You cleaned your dishes and got ready for a long day at the café.

———

After a long day of serving caffeine-deprived customers, you entered the house ready for some down time. You had brought a coffee and a box of pastries home with you in hopes of giving him some kind of support. Deciding to give them to him right away, you made your way back to his studio. A food tray of what you were guessing had been his lunch was lying untouched on the floor in front of the door.

How long has it been since he ate?

With that question in mind, you knocked on the door and waited for a minute before the door slowly slid open and Yoongi popped his head out. His appearance was startling to say the least. Unbelievably dark crescents hung below his eyes, his hair stuck tangled and unbrushed on his head, and his already paper white complexion had turned even paler. There was a musty odor wafting out of the studio, too.

"What?" He asked in a voice that was strained and hoarse. At the sound of his almost broken voice, something inside you snapped. You sat down the coffee and pastries before speaking.

"Min Yoongi, I don't care how much work you still have left, you're coming with me," you said, firmly grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of the studio. Yoongi grumbled but didn't resist as you tugged him along with you, pulling him into the bathroom that he shared with Seokjin. You made him sit on the toilet and you began running a bath for him, making sure the water was a good temperature. While the bathtub was filling, you quickly went to Yoongi's room and grabbed a change of clothes for him, making sure to grab a fluffy oversized hoodie for him so he would be comfortable. Then you went back to the bathroom, turning off the water and putting one of his bathbombs in the bath water. You glanced back at Yoongi, who was still sitting on the toilet in a sleepy daze.

"Lift your arms, Yoongi," you said, tugging his shirt up and over his head. He did as he was told, letting you help him get undressed. You pulled him to his feet and pulled his pants down, averting your gaze when his underwear came down with them. He stepped out of this pants and you helped him get into the bathtub, kneeling beside him on the floor to make sure he didn't fall asleep and drown. You grabbed his shampoo and started to gently lather it into his hair. You had noticed that the blue in his hair had faded into a grey color and you wondered if he was going to dye it again soon.

"... Thanks," Yoongi whispered, relaxing and leaning into your hands as he closed his eyes with a sigh. "You didn't have to..."

"Yoongi, I know you have work, but that doesn't mean you stop taking care of yourself. You didn't even eat your lunch," you chided, dipping your hands in the water and washing the shampoo off before scooping handfuls of water up to pour over Yoongi's hair. "You've been in your studio for who knows how long without even coming out to eat. That's not good."