Smells Like Teen Spirit; R.Drysdale (Knives Out) (Part two)

-I know we don't necessarily know Ransom's age, but for the sake of this, I'm gonna make him age's with Chris, so probably about 35-36-

Warnings; Soft!Dad!Ransom, some swearing, mentions of death, a few spoilers,

Word count; 2.4k

You slid out of your bed and grabbed your teddy. The house was dark as you walked down the halls of your grandfather's house. You wandered around in an attempt to find out where your dad was sleeping. You were three, and not very smart. You bumped into someone's legs and fell back.

"Ow," You said quietly. You looked up and saw your grandpa standing above you, looking confused.

"Y/N, it's two in the morning, why are you awake?" He asked you. He knelt down and picked you up.

"I had a bad dream and I wanted to go find daddy, but I can't find him," You told him. Richard laughed quietly and carried you to where Ransom was sleeping. He opened the door quietly and peered in, seeing Ransom asleep. "Daddy?" Richard put you on your feet and watched as you waddled over to Ransom. He clenched his eyes shut and then opened them, seeing you standing in front of him, being illuminated only by the moonlight. Richard left and went back to his own room, safe in the knowledge that you weren't wandering around and about to fall down the stairs.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" He asked, his voice filled with a sleepy tone. You frowned and looked at him.

"I can't sleep, I had a bad dream again," You whimpered. Ransom sat up and swung his legs off of the bed. "Can I sleep with you?" You asked him. Ransom nodded and picked you up, laying with you on his chest. 

"Do you wanna tell me what it was about?" He asked you.

"You said that you hated me and then left me. It was so scary," You said into his chest. Ransom frowned and put his hand on the back of your head, smoothing your hair down.

"It was only a bad dream, Y/N. I love you so much, I could never leave you, or even think about hating you," He assured you. You nodded and began to feel sleepy, your eyes drifting shut.

"I love you, daddy," You murmured quietly. You fell asleep on Ransom's chest, and you slept straight through the rest of the night, no nightmares or nothing.

--

You sat up the back of the library, watching as the family discussed various things.

"Well. Thank you all for getting together like this, it isn't legally necessary but I thought because you're all in town and some of you are leaving soon, it would be best -" The family attorney spoke. Blanc walked in and got the attention of everyone.

"Excuse me, Mr. Stevens. As to that, ladies and gentlemen, I'd like to gently request you all remain in town until the investigation is completed. Shouldn't be more than two days," He requested. 

"He's gently requesting, I'm ordering. Nobody moves until we figure this out." Lieutenant Elliot. The room fell silent for a few seconds before everyone started yelling again. You had zoned out at this point. Ransom stood up and walked towards you, and then pulled you to your feet.

"Go outside and start up the car, we're gonna need to get outta here," He said quietly. You took the car keys he was holding above your hand and left the house. Jacob caught you leaving.

"Hey! Where the hell are you going?" He asked you. You turned back to face him and scowled at him.

"Outside, you're all a bit, how would you say...annoying? And I can't take any more of your bullshit," You said, then walking out of the house. You sat in the Beamer and watched as fuck all happened. That was until there was something. Ransom blew out of the house and got into the driver's seat.