Chapter 5 - CIWS go BRRRRT!

(AN: Before this starts I would like to apologize for taking so long and that this foolish Author begs your forgiveness, Thank you.)

Also shoutouts to:

EarlVincentMartinez  for giving me Enterprise's airwing. (Thank you, really. <3)

depressed_loli251 for asking if I was ok. (I really appreciate it <3)

Enty's POV

It was midday from what I can see with the limited visibility. The entire fleet sailed through the rather calm and cold waters of the Pacific. The fog was making everything hard to see but we all could manage.

So.. here I am sitting on a chair, eating some ice cream I got earlier with the Commander. Who was looking outside with binoculars, trying to see through the fog.

"How close are we?" I asked, since it felt like hours ago we left the dock and sailed towards the island with an abandoned city, probably during the earlier stages of the war.

"Depends.. how's your scout planes going?" The commander asked.

"I still can't really see with the fog but I'll manage." I replied back.

I looked outside, mentally severing the connection between the E-2 and my mind for a bit to look around.

The fleet was rather large, and for some reason I was picked as flagship. Sounds pretty crazy right? I just pretty much came here days ago and got chosen as flagship over the more experienced shipgirls. Though to be honest, it wouldn't be me who will give out orders, the commander will.

I went back to looking through the plane's view and just watched as it went through the fog, though not as dense as before.

Then, something happened that made me drop my ice cream in shock. The E-2 suddenly was shot and engulfed in flames, before it plunged into the depths I managed to see an entire fleet near a city with all the shipgirls with.. animal ears? Looking at the crashing plane with all their AA guns pointed. When it landed on the water I managed to see a person with bunny ears giving out orders before the plane was completely claimed by the water. Definitely 100% the leader.

"Something wrong?" The commander asked me, noticing the dropped ice cream.

"I think I found the city, along with an entire enemy fleet." I said dryly, internally sulking from my lost ice cream. May you rest in pieces my beautiful strawberry vanilla with sprinkles.

There was a sudden beep and I ran towards the controls, looking at the radar and I think my face packed slightly paled slightly.

Multiple objects going towards our location and fast. It can't be those shipgirls can they? No. I remember all those carriers.. so they would be.. Planes. Hundreds of them, coming here in a speed slightly above a hundred knots.

The commander looked over my shoulder and his face turned hard, and began shouting orders towards a radio which I couldn't really hear since I started launching fighters.

I mentally made sure my CIWs, Sea Sparrows and my RAM launchers were all filled with ammunition and then went outside to hear the buzzing, which  mind you sounded like a huge bee. Looking through the window, I was met with tons of planes and the sound of flak rounds from the surrounding ships go off, some managing to take some of the planes down.