sos | bram

SOS
sam & brittany

SOSsam & brittany

***

IT'S NOT LIKE IT WAS BRITTANY S. Pierce's plan to go on her honeymoon alone. Her idea of the honeymoon of her dreams included her wife, but sadly Santana had betrayed her in the worst possible way. One minute she was waiting for her wife to return from the ice machine, the next she was walking down the hall and seeing Santana with her tongue down some girl's throat. She didn't give her a chance to explain. She just wanted out of there. So now she was going to be going on her honeymoon alone to Hawaii.

Brittany sighly sadly as she plopped into her seat. She was sat at the window as a blonde guy came up to her and sat down next to her. She didn't really acknowledge him. Mainly because she was on the verge of tears, but he seemed to care, immediately asking if she was okay.

Brittany mumbled, wiping away the tears. "N-not really, but it'll be okay."

He quirked a brow in interest. "Do you want to talk about it? I'm a great listener. I kind of have a PhD in talking."

Brittany chuckled softly. "Are you a therapist?"

He nodded and she quickly shook her head. "No. No. I don't want to bother you. You're going on vacation and I'm sure you talk to enough people. I don't wanna bother you."

The man smiled gently, letting her know that it was indeed okay to let it all out on him. "Actually, I'm traveling to see a patient, but trust me, it's no bother. Free of charge."

Brittany thought it over a bit. What could possibly go wrong with talking to a licensed physician about her personal problems? He had a degree in listening and she just really needed to vent.

"Well... I'm supposed to be going on my honeymoon. Instead, I'm going alone because I've only been married a day and already we're headed towards divorce."

He nodded, asking, "What is he like?"

"She," Brittany corrected, "is my best friend. We've been together since high school. We used to do everything together and when she proposed, I thought a whole new chapter was starting for us, but then she went and ruined it."

There was no change in the man's face when she mentioned that she was married to a woman and she was rather grateful for that because it was enough that she was heartbroken but to have to deal with a homophobe was not on the top of her list. She supposed since he was a therapist that he couldn't really be homophobic. There had to be some kind of oath or a class they had to take on how to be a decent human being.

Brittany's sexuality had always been open. Before Santana, she had really only dated guys and she hadn't really been with any other woman aside from her. She'd kissed a few girls during their few breakups, but she'd never went all the way with another woman because it felt like she was disrespecting Santana. The latter, however, obviously didn't have the same concern. Santana had always been a bit offensive when it came to how Brittany liked boys and girls, as if that was something that just couldn't happen. Bisexuality didn't exist to Santana, so Brittany had always tried her to best to keep that part of herself locked shut. She understood when Santana got a new girlfriend during their breakup. She even reasoned when Santana slept with her best friend, but kissing some random girl on their wedding night, there was no explanation for that.

"Sounds like she means a lot to you." the man added.

Brittany stood silent for a second before admitting, "The thing is, I don't know if she does anymore. I obviously don't mean anything to her."

They sat in silence for a minute before Brittany realized that she didn't even know this man's name. Here she was spilling her whole life's regret to a complete stranger.

"I just realized that I don't even know your name." Brittany said incredulously.

The man smiled and extended his hand to shake hers. "I'm Sam Evans."

"I'm Brittany Lo--" she stopped herself. "Um, Brittany Pierce." She shook his hand and returned the smile.

Sam recognized how utterly gorgeous Brittany was and even though she wasn't his patient, he still felt a certain level of professionalism he needed to uphold. He tried not to get distracted by how when she smiled, a dimple would form at her cheeks or how sometimes her bangs would get in her line of sight and she'd blow upwards to move them.

He shook out of his thoughts as Brittany started dozing off. Surely she was tired. Her wife's constant betrayals had to have left her emotionally askew. He smiled softly as her head fell onto his shoulders and soft snores flew from her nose. He felt content like that. He knew it probably wasn't the best idea and it certainly wasn't professional, but he leaned his head on top of Brittany's and fell asleep too.

-

It was hours later that Sam was being startled awake. He nearly swung his hand and hit Brittany. He was always a very restless sleeper and it was no surprise that he hated being woken up.

"Wakey wakey, doctor." Brittany teased, poking his cheek. Hearing her voice made him finally open his eyes and peer up at her with a lazy smile.

"Hi," he breathed out.

Brittany chuckled, "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"A-are we there yet?" Sam asked, rubbing his eyes.

"Yes, we are." Brittany gave him a comforting smile, grabbing her luggage from overhead--or at least trying to. Sam noticed her struggling and grabbed it for her, patting the bag as he pulled it down.

"Here you go."

Brittany teased him, "My hero."

"Always." a flirty smile played on his lips.

Just as Brittany was about to get off the plane, Sam stopped her, tapping her shoulder and handing her his business card.

"Here. My card. Just, um, just in case you need a session. Or a friend. People say I'm a pretty good friend. Though, sometimes I'm a bit too critical, which comes in this line of work, but otherwise I'm--"

Noticing her gaze and his ramblings, he cut himself off. "I'll shut up now."

Brittany chuckled, her bangs falling into her eyes again. "You're adorable. I'll definitely call."

Just before she walked off, she pulled him into a hug, throwing him off guard. "Thank you. For making me smile. I needed it, Sam."

Sam smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist. "No problem. I like to see you smile."

She let go slowly, giving him a smile and a familiar wave as she walked off. Neither could sleep that night without dreaming of the other. It was funny how people just walked into your life and changed it forever.
_______________________________________

[A/N: okay, i kind of love bram (but more in a friendship way) and this was really cute to write]

~ Dani