Lollipop

You skipped a day between visits with Akito. You had gone with Hatori to visit a group of Sohmas living outside the village. It was probably the most interesting experience of your life, as a charming man named Shigure hugged you the instant you met, transforming into a dog and licking your face. The other two boys in the house then proceeded to lock the poor dog outside.

By the end of the day, you were so glad to have met all of them, including the adorable Tohru Honda. True, the two of you got off to an odd start, as she'd embarrassed you by assuming (with great enthusiasm) that you were Hatori's new girlfriend. You could hear Shigure's hysteric laughs and taunts through the wall, and you must have been a million shades of red as you explained who you actually were.

Hatori, however, seemed unaffected, merely drinking his tea without a word of defense.

The following day, you had walked Momiji and Haru to the bus stop and given away one of your emergency band-aids to Kisa. She hadn't been injured physically, but she was having a hard time time finding the courage to get on the bus today; it would be her first field trip. You had a feeling your Doc McStuffins bandage on her hand would do the trick, and you were rewarded with the gentlest hug you'd ever received.

You made your way back to Hatori's office and to your joy, you got a couple of waves from the Sohma family members you passed by. This place was warming up, slowly but surely. You gave your report of what happened the day before to Hatori and asked what needed to be done for the day.

"Nothing yet. I've got a call with our pharma supplier at 8, but you don't have to be here for that, so long as you keep your phone on you. The residents should all have your number by now."
You nodded. "Great, then I'm gonna go visit Akito."
You waited for permission, swiping 2 small suckers from the candy jar you'd brought in. Hatori shifted in his seat, eyeing you curiously.

"You're really going back there aren't you..?.."

You sighed and put on a small smile.
"I really am."

The doctor seemed to struggle with something in his mind for a moment before settling on, "Don't get hurt.." His tone was serious, and you felt touched that his concern was genuine. "..These bandages are for our clumsy Sohma boys."

You both shared an honest laugh and you held up a pinky finger; suggesting a promise that really wasn't up to you.

O-Ren escorted you in today with no words, just a curious expression painted on her pale face.

"M-Master Akito??" She wrung her hands together.

"God, what is it?" Came Akito's voice from the other side, and you had to stifle a laugh at his dramatic tone.

"She came back.."

Silence.

"Akito can I come in?" You asked lightly.

More silence, but when he finally spoke you could tell that he was just by the door now.

"Why?" He couldn't sound more suspicious if he tried.

"Because I'd like to see you."

You heard his footsteps retract and you considered what you would do if he really didn't want to let you in. "Send her in, maid.''

You opened the door yourself, and when you saw Akito standing before you, your heart nearly leapt. Akito was dressed in a thin black turtleneck and some loose-fitting slacks. His hair looked combed. You looked to the corner of the room where you saw a pile of clothes peeking out from behind the closet door. He had dressed himself! He had taken your advice, simple as it was. And he looked so handsome!

You bit your lip, but couldn't help it.

"You look handsome." You said honestly before going over to open his sliding door to the porch.
If you had stayed you would have been able to see the surprise your remark caused him; the blush you gave him.

"What's on the docket for the day?" You asked when he approached.
"The docket?"

"Yeah, what's your plan? What do you want to do today?" You shrugged

"The same thing I do everyday. There's nothing else to do."

You rolled your eyes and plopped down to the floor. "Well when you have an attitude like that.."

He remained standing tall. "Why are you really here?"

You struggled to explain something you weren't entirely sure of yourself.

"Because you invited me here.. Didn't you?" You looked up at him, his eyebrow twitching slightly at your words.
"I mean, you made Hatori think it was his idea but.. for some reason, you wanted to see me... I think you remember me, and I know that I remember you."

Akito turned away from you, folding his thin arms over his chest.
"No you don't."

"Yes, I d-"

"I don't know what you THINK you remember, but that's not how it happened." He snapped.

You looked away from him, out into the garden and watched the cool breeze blow a dried leaf right off its stem. His words hurt, but you reminded yourself of how much pain he must be in.
"Well then I'm here now because I want to be."

You reached into the pocket of your slacks and emerged with the suckers you'd taken earlier.

"You want one?" You asked, hoping he'd say yes, and hoping more that if he did he'd choose the blue one. Cherry was for you.

Akito eyed you and the candy before sinking down to your level at the ground. He carefully accepted the Blueberry pop and you got the strangest sense of Deja Vu.

"Does Hatori know you're giving his sickest patient candy?" He asked, tearing off the wrapping paper and crossing his legs over one another to mirror you.

"Consider it a placebo." You said, unwrapping your own lollipop.

And then you heard it. A strong and short exhale through Akito's nose, and a smirk on his lips as he jammed the lolli in. Akito had given you the tiniest laugh! You stared at him, a proud smile, for a moment longer before turning your attention back to the sweet. Akito pretended not to notice your eyes on him as he crunched.

He remembered this wasn't the first time he shared a lollipop with you. And he hoped it wouldn't be the last.

**A/n: kind of a filler chapter, I know. I just wanted to mention a few things for those reading to have some clarity.

1: As of right now, 04/16, I am writing Akito as a male from birth. I really enjoy the arc of Akito bekng born female, raised male, or male presenting, and I could write it that way if it's requested enough. But i think the story has enough drama in it without the weight of that for poor Aki. ((I saw the English dubbed anime first, so that's who Akito is in my mind; a sick young man.))

2: This is a slow burn romance, beccause it kinda has to be. I've seen AkitoXReader stories where the attraction is instant and Akito instantly changes his personality around them, or worse, where Akito is abusive throughout the relationship and it's excused as like a sneeze by the reader and its like ?!?!; No, don't take that!

People can change, but there's a base for who they've been, and i think that should stay consistent but maleable throughout a story, otherwise it's unbelievable.

3: I don't want Akito to be abusive to (Y/n), but rather walk the line in the beginning. If abuse of any kind is triggering to you, please let me know, and I'll put a warning at the beginning of any chapters that might contain it. I just don't find it necessary right now because I consider it tame, and I don't want to reveal much of the chapter before it's been been read. But i will.

Things will get cutesy eventually babes, but if you're looking for a quick fix I suggest a one shot! They're great!

Alright I think thats it, thanks so much for reading, and I hope you've enjoyed and will continue to stick around.
Farewell~!