Staying in

Birdsong wakened your senses and with a gentle huff you buried yourself further into the warmth of your bed... No. Akito's bed. You realized, with your eyes still closed to the world, that the warmth you'd been clinging to was coming from Akito's bare skin. You kept your eyes shut a moment longer, breathing in the smell of lavender still lingering around his torso. You worried, with a shorter breath, if opening your eyes now would ruin it. He might be cross with your closeness, or anything else, or even worse; he might not be there at all. Perhaps this was just some perfect dream. You got the familiar sense of surrealism in this moment, as if this could be another memory long forgotten. No. You were certain last night was a first. And as you felt his heart beat against your forehead and his limbs enclose you even tighter, you were certain this moment was real.

You opened your eyes and let your head drift up to see Akito sleeping soundly. His hair was sweaty and wild, his cheeks a shade of pink against porcelain skin-- and his mouth. His mouth was truly a work of art, both beautiful and deadly, and it currently held the smallest smile. It almost looked as though your love was glowing, radiating from the connection the two of you shared. You sighed contently before making a bold choice to move your arm out from under his, your hand inching it's way towards his face. Biting your lip, you closed the distance between your fingertips and his cheek, caressing for only a second before your creepy actions were interrupted.

"I'm awake." Came a deadpan of a voice from Akito. It had been so sudden and so unfit in the pure moment that it made you gasp and withdraw your hand. You giggled, covering your mouth in embarassment with the same hand you'd just touched him with.

"I'm sorry." Came your adorable but insincere apology. If he was awake, you'd get to see those grey eyes that knew you so well, and that's what you wanted the most. Akito peeked one eye open before smiling and grabbing your hand. He pulled it back to him and began to place kisses all over it. You giggled and blushed but made no move of protest. Suddenly he bit down on the side of your hand and you squealed causing him to laugh in a grumbly morning way. He closed his eyes again. You poked his chest.

"If you were awake why didn't you say anything?" You whispered.

"Because I didn't want to wake you up. I mean you were in a deep sleep, you had a trail of drool dripping do--"

"Shut up!" You protested with a smile, getting argumentative again when he still would not open his eyes. "I played Sleeping Beauty in a high school play, y'know. So I don't want to tell you that you're wrong, but you're wrong."

You heard the breath of a laugh escape his nose and saw his lips twitch up in a clear smile. Still, his eyes were closed.

"Well I didn't want to wake you up either, but given that were both clearly awake--" you wiggled up in bed and lifted his brows in attempt to open his eyes. Akito kept his eyes shut firmly, though his toothy smile betrayed his playful nature. You sighed before resting your head and arms across his chest. "You ought to talk to me. Look at me?" You suggested. A pause as Akito contemplated his response.

"You talk too much."

You bit down gently on his chest and he laughed outright. You huffed, sat up, and pulled a goofy face. "Look at me." You begged.

"I am." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm looking at you last night. I've memorized every part of you so that if you ever do go away again, you won't truly leave me."

Your heart felt the weight of his words and your expression fell. You adjusted yourself to hover over him and took both of his cheeks in your hands. Your thumbs made soft strokes over his cheekbones until his eyes slowly opened.
"Hey.. I'm not going anywhere... I'm afraid we're stuck with each other." You smiled when his face relaxed, then squished his cheeks together. "It's our *destiny*." You joked. Though a part of you meant it. Destiny.

"I love you." You said, finally getting to stare back into those beautiful eyes.

"Iwuvyoutoo." He said through his smushed-together lips. You laughed and released him before letting your eyes drift down.

"How about a recreation of last night."

"You read my mind, doc." Akito shot up and kissed you before flipping you over on the mattress.

The pair of you spent the entire day in Akito's room. Making out, making love, and making jokes and ordering room service for the moments in between. Two days followed in the same fashion.

"You should just stay here." Akito said before taking a sip of his tea. You had been lacing up your shoes, preparing to cut through Akito's dying garden to your house for the first time in what felt like forever.

"I am here. I'll be back, dope."

"Forever." There was a silence in the room, but your ears were ringing trying to recall if they heard his words correctly. "I mean.. Just bring your stuff over here, it's silly to just come back and forth when we both just want to be with each other."

You set your boot down and slowly turned your head to face him, considering his proposal. He's asking me to move in!

"Or better yet, don't even leave. I'll buy you all new stuff." He chuckled, biting into his warm toast. He wasn't even reserved about it. He'd become so comfortable with you in the last few days; it was incredible the risks he was taking being so open.

You stood up straight, crossing your arms over your chest, and your smile matched your cocky pose.

Akito quit chewing and looked at you when you did not respond.

"Or not, fuck me right? It's fine."

You laughed and approached him. "You're asking me to move in with you.. We've been dating for a week."

Akito shrugged, setting his food aside and instead looking you up and down as though you were more scrumptious. "Yeah, but I've been in love with you for over a decade. And you've been in love with me for even longer, I'm sure." He teased. Then a more serious look crossed his face--not angry, only honest.
"If you don't want to, that's alright.. I just.. I miss you whenever you're not by my side."

You nodded, slow and small at first before letting your wild nods take over, causing you both to laugh. "Forever sounds doable with you."

Akito helped you move all of your things into his place, criticizing the music you played as you packed and unpacked, but you could see him nodding along to the rhythm in moments where he thought you weren't looking. The community gathered around that day to help, a smile on every face.

As Akito performed a hilarious lipsync to "The Very Thought of You"  that night after setting up the room, you smiled and applauded. You knew that this time, the promise of forever wouldn't be stolen. He was your destiny.