𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

chapter seven: the art of war

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐙 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐋𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄, 𝐅𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐒𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐈𝐇𝐆𝐇𝐓. It was day five of the games, and she thanked God that Caspian was still alive. She had also recently befriended Gloss from District 1, who was only about three years older than her. 

Caspian was trained differently than how Adeline was trained. Instead of the light weighted katanas she used, he chose swords instead. And he was a damn natural with them too. They had sparred together, and he had caught her off guard by his skill level. Crystal Stone, on the other hand had not been so good at picking up a sword, so Adeline taught her how to throw daggers, which she picked up on surprisingly fast.

Adeline's attention returned to the screen as she watched her brother pick up two swords, prepared to fight as the District One male tribute charged at him. He ran at Caspian with such ferocity that Caspian just stepped to the side, letting the man run past him, but then stabbing one of his swords through his back, and a cannon went off. She felt a slight feeling of pride in her chest as she remembered she had done that before.

"Caspian's almost as good as you," Haymitch said, walking in and going to pat her back. 

"Almost," Finnick added, as he had walked in with Haymitch. Both their tributes were already dead, having died in the bloodbath.