𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐬𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐐𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐙 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐍𝐘 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐊𝐄𝐄𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐑. What she did notice, was the fact that they had separated her from Peeta, Annie, and Johanna. She also noticed that the room she was in was pitch black. She looked down at her hands, finally noticing that she was in chains. So, she screamed, and screamed, until her throat was raw. No one responded, no one came running in. Adeline fell over sideways, her head hitting the floor with a thump. She tried to curl into a ball, as she stared into the pitch black. She felt like a monster, chained up and kept away from everyone else. 

Adeline Quartz had never truly been in the dark. She came from the District of electricity and power, so she always saw a spark of electricity, no matter where she was. For the first time in her whole life, Adeline felt completely and utterly alone. Darkness surrounded her, as she laid in the dark, thousands of thoughts running through her mind as she laid on the cold floor. This is how she was going to die, alone, and in the dark. She was never going to get to see another living soul again, never going to see the sun again. She was going to die truly alone. And for the last time, Adeline scoffed. 

A part of her wanted to stab herself in the shoulder, telling her that she was stupid for thinking this is how she was going to die. She had been through the Hunger Games, twice now. She had faced far worse than being chained to the floor in a dark room. Yet, Adeline couldn't feel as if this was her final punishment. Punishment for being human and having emotions. Punishment for loving the one person she could never have, never touch, never be with. Years of being sold off to strangers and years of being told what to do had made her wish she had died in the 66th Hunger Games. A part of Adeline wished that the hadn't moved ever so slightly when that dagger came at her. A small part of her wished that dagger had pierced right through heart, and killed her.