𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞: 𝐭𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄'𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐅𝐓 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐀𝐃𝐍𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐋𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐃, 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍. "Are you sure you want to do this?" Katniss asked Adeline, and she nodded. "Of course," she said, reassuring the raven-haired girl. Adeline walked to the door, as it slowly opened for her. She walked into the room, immediately seizing Peeta's attention. "Adeline," he said softly, and she smiled sadly at him. "Hey Peeta bread," she replied back, as she sat on the edge of the bed, looking down at the blonde boy she had grown close to. "Where are we?" he asked Adeline. "District 13, it's real. We were rescued," she responded.

"My family hasn't come to see me," Peeta said bluntly, and Adeline squeezed his hand in a comforting manner. "I heard there was an attack on Twelve," he said sadly. "Yes," Adeline said sadly. "My family?" he asked, a pained expression on his face as he looked up at her. "I heard the bakery didn't survive. I'm so sorry Peeta," she said softly, and his face fell. His expression suddenly changed, as he clenched his jaw, anger seeping slowly into his bruised skin. "It's Katniss," Peeta suddenly growled out, taking Adeline by surprise. "It's because of her." 

"I don't think it was beca-," Adeline began, but Peeta cut her off. "She tell you to say that?" he seethed out at the young woman, as pain filled her soft brown eyes. "No, she didn't tell me anything Peeta, I promise." "She's a liar, Adeline, it's a trick." "Peeta, what you're saying isn't true," Adeline spoke, trying to clear things up, as she barely recognized the blonde boy in front of her. "She sent you here? Didn't she?" he asked, looking at Adeline with a horrified expression. "What, Peeta, no!" "You can't trust her! She's a monster! She's a mutt that the Capitol created to destroy us!" Peeta screamed at Adeline, tears falling down his face. Adeline stood up, as she stared down at Peeta, a pained expression on her face as she slowly started to back up.

She walked out of the room, a tear falling down her cheek as Peeta continued to scream on about how Katniss was a mutt. She walked back into the control room, and embraced the raven-haired girl, who looked just as shocked as she was. "I'm sorry." "It's okay." Simple words were exchanged, as Adeline excused herself back to the Quartz apartment in District Thirteen. Instead of walking in the direction of her siblings and hers apartment, she found herself walking towards Finnick. They had not yet announced their marriage to anyone, but they planned to tell her siblings first. She knocked on the door to Finnick's apartment, as he opened the door immediately, as his eyes met Adeline's. 

"They messed us up real good, didn't they?" Adeline asked, as she walked into his apartment, and sat down in a chair. "What do you mean?" Finnick asked the young woman, as he went to sit next to her. "Peeta thinks Katniss is a mutt created by the Capitol. He hates her," she said sadly, and Finnick grabbed her hand, giving it a comforting squeeze. "We'll figure something out," he spoke, trying to reassure her, but Adeline shook her head. "You don't know what they did to us." 

"I'm sorry."

"They drowned me."

"What?"

"They drowned me in blood, Finnick. They electrocuted me in blood," was all Adeline said, as Finnick's eyes widened, and Adeline shuddered as the memories flowed through her mind of the blonde man. "They tried to take Annie, but I stopped them." 

"What if it was me strapped down to that bed instead of Peeta?"

"But it's not."

"But if it was?"

Finnick seemed taken aback by her words, as he found himself at a loss for words. He just stared at her, his heartbreaking as she talked about her time in the Capitol. He never asked her about what they had done to her, as he hadn't wanted to upset her. He took a good look at her, as she looked like a former shell of herself. Slightly headstrong, confident, speaking her mind, not caring about other's opinions on her. Now, she just looked like a sad, abused puppy. But maybe that's what she was. 

"I'm pathetic."

"No you're not."

"You are beautiful, and you are strong. I don't think you understand the fact that you died. And then came back to life. You prevailed against every odd. It's a quartz thing, it really is." Finnick spoke, grasping the female's attention as she looked up at him. "And I love you because you are the strongest person I have ever met. You look in the face of death, and you spit in his eye." Finnick spoke, as he brought up a hand to cup her face, as he kissed her.

Adeline kissed him back, and the kiss they shared was full of passion and admiration for the other. The world seemed to disappear around them, as electricity surged through their bodies. Perhaps the best thing that came out of the Hunger Games was Adeline and Finnick finding each other. Perhaps all the late night calls and long train rides to each other were all building up to something. 

President Snow thought he could tare them apart, and strip them of everything they were. But he could never take away their hope, and that spark of life that filled every fiber of Adeline's body. The same electricity that ran through the power lines of District Five. That same energy that flowed through the once hydro-electric dam. The same energy and hope that helped her survive her first games. 

They say that when you die, your brain still has seven minutes of brain activity after your body shuts down. Apparently, your brain replays your life, and your memories. The seven minutes could last forever, as time works differently in the mind. Adeline's brain wasn't showing her memories of her life to comfort her before she died.

It was showing her the memories of which she fought for.

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐

𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬:

└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘

i was og listening to mo bamba while writing this and i realized that that was not the tone i wanted this chapter to go by lol. also i sneezed 15 times writing this rip. also the ending HAD me in the feels idk where i was going w that.

thanks for 3.1k reads :))

please vote, comment, share, and follow! 

fav hunger games character ever? (besides finnick ofc!)

also katniss did gale so dirty. she coulda had liam hemsworth 

thanks for reading babes!

-lunalovegoodstan