𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ✧ :-゜・.

-: ✧ :-

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫: 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

────────────

✧✧✧✧✧✧✧✧

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐎𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐑 𝐓𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐄𝐏 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐅𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐑, 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐂𝐊'𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐃 𝐒𝐎.The newly married woman took a deep breathe, as the newlyweds were directed to the tent where the meeting was to be held. Before they made it over, a man ran over to her. "Mrs. Odair! Wait!" he shouted, as Adeline turned around to see him running, a package in tow. "Beetee told me to give these to you, he thought you might enjoy to see an old friend or two," the man said, before running off. Adeline looked to Finnick, who simply shrugged as the two stopped to open the package. 

Inside, were two sheathed blades, dressed in a familiar red covering. Adeline slipped one of the blades out, and smiled, as she noticed they seemed lighter than before. "Knowing Beetee, he's probably calibrated it perfectly for you," Finnick spoke as Adeline slid the katana back into its sheathe. "Knowing Beetee, you're probably right," Adeline said, as she grabbed the two katanas, as the two made their way to the tent. 

"Just in time," a woman spoke, gesturing to the married couple. "My name is Lieutenant Jackson, Everdeen, Hawthorne, this is your squad." "This is Second Lieutenant Mitchell, best sharp shooter in Panem. These are the Leeg sisters. First Combat Division. And this is Corporal Homes. That's Phillip Titan, you may have seen him around, he doesn't really die," Jackson speaks, as Adeline smiles at Katniss, before looking over to Phillip, her old district partner. "And as you know, Adeline Odair and Finnick Odair."

A dark man approaches the group, as they all turn to look at him. "Squad 451, you're my unit. Lieutenant Jackson is my second-in-command. Each one of you is elite in some form of combat. But we are a non-combat unit, so we'll be following days behind the front line troops." "You're to be the on-screen faces of the invasion. The Star Squad. It's been decided that you're the most effective when seen by the masses," Cressida states, arms crossed over her chest.

"So we're not gonna fight?" Gale asks. "You'll do whatever you're ordered to soldier," Bogs responds. "It's not your job to ask questions." "Yes, sir." 

"Our instructions are to shoot propaganda footage on the battle-scarred streets of the Capitol. You were handpicked to intimidate their forces," Bogs continued. "And inspire surrenders," Cressida adds on. 

"Even though we'll be working on abandoned streets miles behind the front lines, I guarantee you, wherever the put us, it will not be safe. This is a war zone. It is likely that we'll encounter both active pods and Peacekeepers. You're considered high-value targets to the Capitol. In the event of capture you'll be given a nightlock pill. A poison that acts immediately. Lieutenant Jackson, do the honors," Boggs says as he hands Jackson the case filled with nightlock pills. The woman makes her way round the group, handing a pill to each member of the Star Squad. As Adeline is handed her, she frowns down upon it, the idea of taking her life not appetizing or appealing in any way.

"I've already briefed you on the pods. I remind you, they are on every bloc. Our unit has been given a Holo," Boggs said, as he holds up the Holo device, which wasn't looking to hot. Boggs messed with it for a few seconds, and a map of the Capitol in 3D suddenly popped up. "A database that contains a detailed map of the Capitol and a list of every known pod. These pods can trigger anything from bombs to traps to mutts. We cannot move without this device. There's no guarantee that our database is complete. There could be new pods that we're not aware of. Because we don't want the Gamemakers to know we have this intel, it has a self-destruct on it. You flip this switch, say 'nightlock' three times, and it blows itself and anything within a ten-foot radius up. Stay within our init. Even with the Holo, it is likely the new pods have been set. Whatever they contain, they are meant to kill you."

Finnick takes a small step forward, which Adeline notices. He doesn't meet her eye, as he looks slightly down at the ground. He lifts his head up a little, as the words ring out from his mouth. "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 76th Hunger Games," Finnick says, and chills run down her spine. The group begins to disband, as Adeline starts to walk back from the table. "Looks like it's our ten-year anniversary," a voice says from behind Adeline, causing her to turn around. Phillip Titan stands there, and Adeline gives him a smile. "This time, let's try to get you not killed," Adeline speaks, and the two chuckle.

The two walk over to where some of the others are getting suited up, as Adeline is lead to a room, where her suit lays. It's all black, which was expected, with a place for her to buckle her harness for her katanas. Adeline began to slip on the suit, and she buckled the harness around her chest. She put her hair in a medium height ponytail, and slipped on the combat boots given to her. She stepped out of the room, as she looked to see Finnick, outside waiting for her. She smiled at him, as he slipped his hand into hers. She leaned into him, and he kissed her forehead.

"Ready?" Finnick asked, as his green eyes bore into her own brown eyes. Adeline took a deep breathe.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she spoke, as she connected their lips into a soft kiss. They pulled apart, as they began to walk towards the hanger that would take them to the Capitol. 

the end was just beginning

and the undoing of Adeline Quartz, was coming to a close.

.・゜-: ✧ :-   -: ✧ :-゜・.

┌────── -: ✧ :- ──────┐

𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐬:

└────── -: ✧ :- ──────┘

me actually pre-writing chapters so I dont scramble to write them? wow! 

me updating more than once in five days? who is she?

i actually have like three chapters ready so ill be updating every other day most likely now bc SUMMA!!! (kinda)

thank you so much for 5.7k reads!

please vote, comment, share, follow, you know the drill! 

thank you so so so much for all the support i've gotten, like fifty people have added this to their reading list, its amazing. thanks!!

thanks for reading babes!

-lunalovegoodstan