Chapter 19: Her

Chapter XIX: Her

Bella's POV

The water was surprisingly not cold. Habang dinadamdan ko ang pagdaloy nito sa katawan ko, di ko maiwasang isipin ang lahat.

First, Gino, Rino and Inspector Akinu's lie, and now Vee being shot. What else could go wrong in my life?

Since Stephanie gone missing everything became complicated. She seems to always know what to do in situations like this.

How would I deal with all of these without her. I was used to her being by my side everytime, telling me what's the right thing to do. Now, I'm just a hopeless sister and a friend.

Where is she when I need her the most?

I can't help myself but to blame her for everything that happened. If she hadn't messed with the organization we could have been living a peaceful life by now. Laughing and smiling like nothings wrong.

Why does she always have to drag everyone she loves into every single mess she makes?

I hate the fact that I love her but there's also something within me that hates her. This was all her fault after all.

I was glad that the running water were there to wash away my tears. It somehow felt like it was washing all my pain away.

Nang makalabas na ako ng paliguan, nakita ko si sir Tyrron sa labas na nakabihis na rin. He looks young with his wet hair though I still prefer his looks when he wears his glasses.

Medyo malaki sa akin ang damit na binigay ng matanda ngunit pede na rin itong masuot.

I don't know but I kind of like the smell of this t-shirt. Napakafamiliar ng amoy. Di ko alam.

I was still formulating all the questions in my mind to ask sir Tyrron when he spoke.

"If you're thinking of asking me questions, I say that we should check on Vee first. Maybe you'll understand everything when we get there. " Did he just read my mind?

"And no, I did not read your mind." Nagulat ako sa sinabi nya. Nagsimula syang maglakad pababa ng hagdan kaya sumunod na rin ako sa kanya.

"And by the way, Bella. " Napahinto si sir Tyrron sa gitna ng daanan kaya huminto na rin ako.

Lumingon sya sa akin, habang nakapinta sa mukha nito ang isang ekspresyon na hindi ko mabasa. Is it sadness?

No. It's much more than that. Guilt?

"Please remember what I told you before we came here. " Napakunot ang noo ko sa sinabi nya. May naaalala ako na may sinabi sya sa akin bago kami umalis pero hindi ko matandaan kung ano iyon.

Parang nahalata nya ata ang pagkalito sa mukha ko kasi pinagpatuloy nya na lang ang kanyang sinabi.

"You promised me to stay calm whatever you'll see here, remember? " Oo nga pala. Naalala ko na. Sa dami ng nangyari hindi ko na matandaan ang ilan sa mga iyon.

"I want you to brace yourself and understand that there are things that we should just understand even if it is really hard to." Hindi ko sya maintindihan ngunit tumango na lang ako bilang tugon. Nagpatuloy na sya sa paglakad kaya sumunod na rin ako sa kanya.

Nang makarating na kami sa harap ng pintuan kung saan ginagamot si Vee ay tiningnan muna ako ni sir Tyrron bago sya huminga ng malalim at pinihit ang door knob.

I still can't figure out his facial expression. Parang kanina pa talaga ako nagtataka sa mga kinikilos nya at lalong lalo na sa matanda kanina na tinawag nyang mom.