chapter five. you wouldn't kill a kid, would you?

THE TEENAGER WATCHED AS ANDREA SAT ABOVE HER SISTER, WAITING FOR HER TO COME BACK. Ellie gnawed on her nails nervously as the group went back and forth about how she should just kill Amy and get it over with. She scoffed at that, shaking her head at them.

"You got a better idea, girl?" Daryl Dixon snapped at her, holding an axe on his shoulder.

"Yeah. Just leave her alone. Don't force Andrea to kill her sister. It's not right." With that, she pushed herself off from the RV, walking away to where the walkers were, T-dog and Glenn dragging them towards the fire.

Ellie grabbed one, struggling to drag it to the pile with her small figure and weak arms. Jax noticed this and walked up to her, grabbing the dead body by its shoulder, throwing it into the fire with her help. "Thanks." She coughed, the smoke coming towards her.

He nodded his head as he moved closer to her, the two being inches apart. "You need to tell him, Ellie." Jax whispered to her.

Ellie nodded, biting her lip nervously. "I will. Don't need to worry about it, Jax."

Jax nodded his head, moving back away from her and towards the other bodies.

"Jim's been bit!" Jacqui yelled, everyone gasping in shock.

"Show us!" Daryl yelled angrily, moving towards him. He walked towards him and lifted up his shirt, showing him a large, red bite mark.

Ellie walked towards Rick one she heard Daryl saying that Jim was dangerous to this group and he needed to be put down. She was shaking her head, not liking the idea.

She looked between the two feuding and rubbed her head, it now hurting from all the yelling. Daryl ran towards the man with an axe and she acted quickly, getting in front of his face, pulling up her sleeve, she revealed her bite mark. "You wanna kill him? You gotta get through me." Shane looked to his daughter in shock. This could not be happening.

Daryl squinted his eyes at her, breathing heavily. "Move." He grunted.

"You wouldn't kill a kid, would you?" Ellie breathed out, glaring at him.

The man growled and threw the axe to the ground. "You all left my brother for dead! You had this coming!"

Ellie's eyes met her father's as he stood next to Rick with tears in his eyes, realizing his daughter was now gonna die. She shook her head slightly as she moved towards him, showing him her bite. "Dad, look at it."

"Christ, Eleanor." Shane moved away from her, rubbing his hands on his head, something he seemed to do a lot.

"It's three days old." The group gasped once she said that, everyone's attention being on the teenager now.

"Stop shitting me, El." The father said to her, placing his hands on his hips with watery eyes.

"She's not shitting you." Jax stepped up, holding a shovel in his hands. "She's telling the truth."

"How's that even possible?" Lori asked, sweat beating on her forehead as she held her son close to her.

Eleanor shrugged, looking at her father in the eyes. "Dad, just look at it." She pleaded. Shane gave in and walked towards her, taking a look at the bite mark. It looked a little less red than yesterday, starting to turn a brown color as it scabbed over, the skin now flaking off. He dropped her arm and Daryl stepped up, gripping her arm harshly.

He breathed in and dropped it, walking away with a scoff. Everyone was now coming up towards her to look at it, Jim now starting to break out a fever as Jacqui moved him into the RV.

There was a loud growl heard from where Amy was, Andrea bringing out her gun from her pocket as she mumbled things to her now deceased sister. The gunshot went off and everyone put their heads down in respect for Amy.

Rick was now talking about someplace else to go, since this place was no longer safe anymore. Ellie was sitting down by the quarry, throwing rocks. Shane saw her and sat down, her not even glancing his way. "Why didn't you just tell me?"

She looked to him with tears in her eyes. "I didn't want you to be mad at me." Ellie sobbed, leaning towards him.

"Oh, darlin'." Shane spoke, wrapping his arm around her as she cried.

"C'mon! We gotta go!" Daryl yelled at them and Ellie sighed, breaking away from her father as he placed his hands on her cheeks, wiping away her tears.

"We've decided to go to the CDC." Rick spoke, Shane wanting to say something, but decided it was best for his daughter. Maybe, if anyone was there, could see if she was a possible vaccine.

"Uh, we're not going." Morales stepped up, his family looking to everyone with a somber expression.

Everyone stepped up to hug them, saying goodbye and hoping that they survive in this horrible world.