chapter thirteen. why did you do this?

IT HAS BEEN THIRTY MINUTES SINCE RANDALL HAD GONE MISSING. The boy was no where in sight and it worried the group. They have never been so scared.

"Okay, we're gonna send a search party. Glenn, Daryl, you-"

"Rick! Rick!" The voice of Shane came from out behind the bushes and everyone's heads turned, their faces becoming even more scared once they saw the blood gushing from Shane's nose.

"Dad? Are you okay?" Ellie stepped in front of him, forgetting everything that had happened in the last couple of days and instead, wanting to help her father.

"Yeah, baby, I'm fine. The bastard snuck up behind me. Clocked me right in the face. He's got my gun, too." Shane expressed, wiping some blood off from his face.

Randall? Managed to catch my dad off guard? No way. Ellie thought to herself, her eyebrows coming together in confusion.

"Okay, here," Rick handed him a gun and Shane took it, an evil look in his eyes. "Daryl, Glenn. You guys go East, we'll go West of the forest. Meet up at the barn by sundown." He ordered and the two nodded their heads, going to run off.

"Dad..." Ellie trailed off, gripping his wrist gently. Shane turned around and gave her a small, reassuring smile. Or tried to, anyway. She wasn't believing it.

"I'll be right back, El." With that, the man ran off with Rick, Ellie watching them, a plan forming in her head.

"C'mon, everyone. They'd be back before you know it." Lori told everyone and Ellie followed them inside, Jax being behind her, looking back into the forest where his father left not too long ago.

It passed about ten minutes and Ellie's leg was shaking uncontrollably as she sat down next to Jax on the couch. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked to her gnawing on her nail nervously.

He sighed and placed his hand on her knee, the girl stopping all her movements before the plan she had sprung into action.

Ellie gave him a smile and then placed her hand over his, squeezing hard. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." She told him, not knowing if she was telling the truth for sure.

Jax gave her a gentle smile before he felt her hand slip from his as she made her way to the bathroom. Or so he thought.

The girl passed the door and walked right upstairs to Maggie's room, the woman thankfully not being in there.

When she had stayed in here after getting shot, she hid a handgun under the vent just in case she needed to escape quickly, her father's gun. Eleanor walked towards the vent in the floor and lifted it up, smiling in triumph when she saw it still there.

She grabbed one of Maggie's jackets from her closet and slipped it on, knowing it to be a cold night. The girl then slipped her gun in the inside pocket for easy access.

Ellie looked to the door of the bedroom and contemplated on her actions. Shaking her head to herself, she opened the window, breathing in deeply once she noticed how far the jump was. You can do this.

She hopped onto the roof, walking over it as gently as she could without making too much of a ruckus. Ellie made it to the edge and then exhaled, the cold air making a cloud emerge from her mouth.

Just a couple of feet. The girl jumped off, landing perfectly on her feet. Guess those gymnastics classes really did help.

She ran into the woods silently, drawing her gun just in case something jumped out at her. As she got deeper, she started to hear crickets chirping and her steps faintly making a sound against the crispy leaves on the floor.