1: Locked Out

-Did you forget the moments you made me smile?-

-Did you forget your promises to never make me cry?-

Lina

"Don't do it, Mehdi. Please, if I ever meant anything to you, please don't break me like this. I am not strong enough for this. You can to her, but please don't leave me!"

"Lina, you are my life. My world...never doubt that. I will never allow you to break. I adore you. So much that it hurts. But, please, don't stop me. I have to do this." He patted away a stray lock of my hair, making me take a deep breath in and momentarily close my eyes. My heart...it was burning because of burning pain and devastation. "You won't understand, and I am not demanding you to." He continued, cooing to the silent sound of my heartbreak. "Just know that I have reasons. It breaks me that those reasons are hurting you so much, but I do. I have reasons...and I want you to just wait for a little while. Together, I know we can pass this test. I believe our love is strong enough to pass this. I want you to believe in it, too."

"Just tell me the reasons." I pleaded, grabbing his arms in desperation, eyes peering desperately at him. The man I adored so much. "Maybe, there is another way. I will support you if you tell me the reasons...you won't even need to explain because I trust you, but please don't divorce me. Don't leave me in the dark. Please!" I begged.

 He pitifully shook his head. "I am so sorry, Lina." He swiped away a stray tear that had escaped from my face; his expressions were so full of anguish, devastation and pain. "But, I can't. And if you love me enough, you would understand. We will get remarried. Don't worry! " 

That was my defeat. 

He questioned my feelings...my sincerity. This was the man I had been so loyal and devoted to. He had no qualms about breaking my heart, but he didn't know that I never had enough courage to break his heart. I could never betray him...could never hurt him.

Nodding, I lowered my head, sniffing. "Okay." 

"I-I am so sorry, my wife..." His voice cracked, knuckles nearing my cheek to soothe my own emotions, but I immediately backed away. 

"Just go."

"Lina-"

"Just go. My heart had enough for today. Please show me some mercy, as I have shown you..." 

"Okay." He gave in. 

Gently rubbing my knuckles for a moment, he then turned his back towards me and started walking out of our room

This man...I had given him eight years of my life. I had been so devoted and loyal. So many moments of my life were spent making sure that my man knew that he was my world. I solely used to take care of his mother and our daughter, while he spent nights doing work on his computer. 

He used to be a struggling businessman working for an automobile company. I was the one who fully supported him...became his biggest fan, so that he could reach his goals. And he did. Today, he was the CEO of 'Sher' Automobiles, and the girl whom he was marrying now was one of his company workers who used to run errands for me and my daughter. 

It was obvious that he had fallen for another.

It was obvious that Neha had meant something more to him than just a worker from the very start. I just never noticed the signs.

My daughter 'Feri' loved her Aunt Neha. I used to love that shy and sweet worker, too.  Who knew that she had made my husband fall for her? My parents had been so against our wedding. Now, I felt like I should have listened.