19: The Forced Choice

-You promised me so much and I fell for your lies-

Lina

I was bitter. I was alone. After being lost in a daydream, it was taking just too much time for me to recover. I would call Zeba now if I wanted to talk and hang out with Feri. My daughter...she had turned quiet, nowadays. Mehdi's health...my weakened mood...it was hurting her, and it was hurting me so much that she was hurting. 

I didn't bother with Kivanc anymore. His feelings were the least of my worries. Roseena was selling the motel, and now...I had no clues about where to go. She offered to take me along, but we both knew that wasn't possible. Staying at some other place would mean paying the rent again, and I couldn't afford that if I wanted to save money for Feri; heartbroken and alone...it was like the world had dragged my energy. From a bubbly and carefree girl, I was the opposite now...so miserable, so alone...and so lost. 

Now walking down the empty streets of the food street, deciding to show up super-early at work, I found myself feeling extra exhausted today. There were moods. One moment, I would be feeling so strong, but then the very next moment, my heart would break. It felt like my soul was building so many walls day by day...that the weight of acting strong was destroying me. 

I was lonely.

Taking slow steps, I edged closer towards the sidewalk as I heard a loud engine purring behind me. I was almost near the entrance of the food street, and it seemed strange to hear cars in this part of the town. People usually walked here or dragged carts along. Motorbikes were common, too...but cars...there were hardly any seen in this part of the town. 

Strangely, the loud sound of purring seemed to be growing louder, no matter how many quick steps I was taking away from it. Turning around in irritation, I frowned to see a blackish-green jeep behind me; its tinted-black windows made me feel uncomfortable. 

Quickly turning around and picking up pace, my heart started racing as the jeep also started accelerating towards me. The first thought that ran in my mind was that this had something to do with Mehdi. Those dangerous people he had got himself involved with...they were here. 

Feeling blanched and panicked, I started running...hoping to see Kivanc or anyone. Kivanc had that aura to scare these people away. He could help. I had almost neared the restaurant with frantic tears now rolling down my cheeks as muted cries of terror escaped from me when I suddenly felt being grabbed from behind. 

A thick cloth was placed against my face...its scent making me feel so dizzy and sleepy. My eyes widened in horror: chloroform. Shoot. I couldn't wrestle my arms away from whoever was gripping me. Immense terror and panic were hitting me hard. Kivanc had been following me for so long. I hoped my rejection hadn't shunned him for doing so. Right now, I desperately wanted him to be that annoying person again who just wouldn't leave me alone. 

Soon, I was being dragged towards the jeep. I wanted to shriek and cry for help. Hardly anyone was around at the moment, and my heart was racing as I thought about my daughter. She needed me. I had to get away from this dangerous situation. Yet, I couldn't because my soul felt just so sleepy and faint. 

The Prado's door was opened, and I could feel my heart shriek in terror, but no mercy was shown as my kidnapper threw me into the backseat of the jeep, causing my head to bump against its leather seat. I was now completely losing consciousness. The last thing that I heard before slipping into a painful state of unconsciousness was the passenger door being pulled open and a woman speaking out in an annoyed

"Saim, what the heck is wrong with you? Chasing her, really?"

"This is my first time kidnapping someone. I wanted to do it in style. Besides, you were the crazy one who decided to use chloroform"