31: The Truth Reveals (Part 1)

-some stories crack-

Lina

Moments passed, weeks passed, and it felt like our cloud nine was just reaching for blue shades and happy moments. A routine was settling in which we both were getting equally obsessed and happy. Tea, bonding with our families and just realizing that two opposite people had found emotions so strong and profound had us twirling with happiness.

Marina, Alizeh, Dania and Hania would invite me over to their home. I was a declared part of their family, so we would make so many plans of visiting the food street shops, hanging out at the book stores and spending time learning how to cook different dishes. 

I wasn't really a diverse chef, but I was managing to learn a lot from my family.

KIvanc's bandanas, rings and knuckles...I had learned to accept them. During stormy days, I had also seen the pain in his soul. He would give me chills during moments of his hearty confessions when he would share how he used to see his dad beat his mother up, after getting hit by belts and metal rods. He would sound slightly reserved and uncomfortable when talking about his pain, but somehow my presence compelled him into talking about his past.

Once, we were sitting on the balcony, staring at the dark clouds, when he had folded his arms behind his head and with a chuckle told me about the time he was ordered to swallow glass as a punishment for breaking some rules. The look of lonesome pain and devastation in his eyes...I had stared at him with hidden admiration that this man could still laugh and smile after all he had been through. He had been leaning back on a white chair while I sat beside him on the cane chair. He was so strong, and it made me glad that I had found this man in my life.

Seeing him silently hurting made me feel weirdly possessive and protective of him. After hearing about his torture, I had grabbed his hand, moved closer and placed my head on his shoulder as I had him tell stories of his past, spilling the pain held in his heart for such a long time. He did. 

With a small and fond smile thrown at me, he told me about his past, about how he would be a that quiet and overly emotional boy in his school until he had to leave it...how he had found Hania and Alizeh all alone, shivering and promised to always take care of them.

He had been trained to keep his emotions guarded. In his world, vulnerabilities equalled being weak. Even when telling me about his horrors, he would slightly dab his eyes to not spill any tears or cry. He still struggled to show his emotions with ease. I wondered how a father could be this horrible to his own son.

Swimming in Kivanc's eyes was a hidden strength that made me feel warm and obsessed. He was a powerful man, a strong person and an experienced warrior. He had faced pain and still managed to get up again. His story was harsh, cold and sad. Yet, it spoke to my heart. The words of strength would make me feel strong. Our pain and silent hurt bonded.

We were two souls who had battled with pain and found each other.

It was a sweet discovery.

Often, I would feel like during his heart spills, Kivanc wanted to say more to me. He was still secretive about what kind of street activities, which included guns, he was involved in. He would eye my expression, caress the tender tears away that would threaten to spill while listening to his tears and promise me soon. Soon, I would get to know about some tales that were too heavy for a heart to tolerate.

Soon, he would speak to my mended heart and hope for me to listen. Somehow, even such boldly chosen words of caution didn't scare me because I knew that I trusted Kivanc...had seen him be so protective and possessive, so I knew that this was just him being wildly protective about me again. Thus, I was willing to wait before visiting the other side of his life.